Restored Razors

TheMonk said:
Hello.

Does anybody know if anything happened to Dave?

I was exchanging e-mails for a few days regarding the restoration of one of my razors, and when I was in the process of sending it to him I never got any further reply.
I still send it to him last week, but have no idea if he got it, is working on it, or whatever.

I also tried calling, but noone answered. :icon_sad:

He may be on holiday. He does go quiet at times the usual turnaround is 4 weeks so you have to be patient :)

Brian

782sirbrian said:
TheMonk said:
Hello.

Does anybody know if anything happened to Dave?

I was exchanging e-mails for a few days regarding the restoration of one of my razors, and when I was in the process of sending it to him I never got any further reply.
I still send it to him last week, but have no idea if he got it, is working on it, or whatever.

I also tried calling, but noone answered. :icon_sad:

He may be on holiday. He does go quiet at times the usual turnaround is 4 weeks so you have to be patient :)

Brian

That's not it, he told me he was going on holiday on the 16th, and if I sent the razor to him prior to that, he could have it restored and sent back to me before going on holiday... and that's what I did.

The strange part is that, after telling me that, I couldn't get any more replies from him. :-/

This business is a part time business for Dave so you have to be patient. I just let him get on with it.

I can't speak highly enough of the work and he is such a gent which matters the most.

It's worth the wait, you will be impressed!

I believe you misunderstood me. :icon_rolleyes:
From the online feedback I got, and the exchange of e-mails we had, I did get the impression that he was the right man for the job... that's why I was genuinely worried that anything might have happened, as he just stopped replying my e-mails altogether.
Maybe he's just really busy now, but it does seem strange to me... Do you know of any other way to get in contact with him?

I believe he could be a member on here. He was on B&B earlier as I noticed a comment made by him. Onotoman is his name on B&B could be the same on here.
Regarding sending any razor I always send signed for or if a quantity then special delivery you can check when the delivery's made then.
Regards Brian

782sirbrian said:
I believe he could be a member on here. He was on B&B earlier as I noticed a comment made by him. Onotoman is his name on B&B could be the same on here.
Regarding sending any razor I always send signed for or if a quantity then special delivery you can check when the delivery's made then.
Regards Brian

It does seem strange to me that he doesn't reply to any of my e-mails, but is posting on B&B. :huh:

Maybe it's due to my inexperience since this is the first razor I'm having replated, and this one has a very special value to me, but I was genuinely worried what might have happened.

I've sent him a PM through B&B, hoping for some kind of answer.

Thank you for all your help, gents.

TheMonk said:
That's not it, he told me he was going on holiday on the 16th, and if I sent the razor to him prior to that, he could have it restored and sent back to me before going on holiday... and that's what I did.

The strange part is that, after telling me that, I couldn't get any more replies from him. :-/

When did you send it to him only reason i ask is being as your from portugal the razor will have to pass through customs and any delays there can affect delivery times heavily...

Dave.B said:
TheMonk said:

When did you send it to him only reason i ask is being as your from portugal the razor will have to pass through customs and any delays there can affect delivery times heavily...

I just got a PM from Dave through B&B, he's already received my Fat Boy (3 day signed for delivery) and is gonna finish working on it when he gets back from his holidays.

I must say I was worried for a moment there... :icon_rolleyes:

This

Black Chrome Tech before restoration by Micrashed, on Flickr
old beaten up bitsa with worn off plating went away to Dave and came back
Like This
9480045626_704f20e34b_m.jpg

And then I had one rhodium plated too.....

Good quality too.

9477253225_83e2422975_c.jpg

9477254969_9b82614d4f_z.jpg

Rhodium

Back
Top Bottom