Restored Razors

What a great service!

I sent 3 recent eBay purchases to Dave at Restored Razors, a 59 SS Red tip, a 60 Fatboy and a 66 Slim.

The SS and Slim were in fairly good condition, the Fatboy looked beyond hope.

2 weeks later, and £20 each (Plus postage) and they are STUNNING.

Had them all Nickel plated (every razor, regardless of required finish is nickel plated first) and I am over the moon with the results.

I was tempted to have a nice Rhodium plate but worried about how they (especially the Fatboy) would come out.

Dave has been great, sent them back to me and explained that now they are Nickel plated, I can use them and if I require one or more Rhodium plated, I can send them back and he can add the Rhodium plating despite them having been used for a wee while.

I was particularly impressed with the service (and trust). Emailed at 1500 hrs last night by Dave saying " Razors came out extremely well, they are in the post please can you Paypal me for the work"

0900 hrs this morning they are delivered, having obviously been sent prior to payment.

I would highly recommend Dave as a great person to deal with and the quality of his work.

Only problem now is, which razor to use?

:-/

Well Gravy, I would say you cannot go wrong.

I am obviously very happy. I originally looked at sending them over the pond but, after hearing some horror stories and considering the associated problems, cost and postage considerations, I plumped for Dave's service.

If (or is it when) I go for the Rhodium plate on one of my vintage adjustables...... It will be back to Dave again!

ROCKET HD:
IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

FATBOY:
IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

OPEN COMB NEW:
IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg
IMAG0147.jpg

Sadly I couldn't find any pre-replate photos of my Fatboy. This was about this time last year and with regular use all still have that level of finish (presumably the Rocket does; I sold it a few months back)

Anyone know how long this normally takes.

I sent off a New 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. I hope it didn't get lost in the post on the way to him.

If 3 weeks is reasonable I will leave it a few days before I ping Dave an email.

Back
Top Bottom