Restored Razors

Seems a bit long, my 3 were there and back in about 2 weeks. I only had them Nickel plated though.

If you went a bit more exotic then the Nickel plating is only the first part of the process.

I would think Dave may well wait until he has several similar "second coats" ie Chrome, Silver, Rhodium, lined up before setting up his equipment....

If you are worried about it getting lost, email him. I did after about 12 days and he got back to me fairly quickly......

Regards,

Cyril

Dobbo25 said:
Mines been about 3 weeks but I'm not worried, I know he has it and when its ready, he'll get back to me.
You can't rush a master in his work :)

Are you going for nickel or something a bit different?..

I plan (after I have spent some time trying to get my EJ89 to actually work for me) to use my Fatboy and Slim to see which I prefer, then I shall be sending whichever one I choose back, for the Rhodium treatment!

I was tempted to go black chrome with red end on the SS RedTip.......

Mmm..........

Cyril

NotTheStig said:
Well worth it in my opinion! Be sure to post before and after pics!

Wish I had taken before picture of the Fatboy, it has come up very well considering the state of it!!

I will try to post some of the three of them now, I have not had the time to use them yet, with all the blade testing Stig has "enabled" me to carry out!!

Cyril

After photo's, and I did track down before photo's. Thought I had lost them......

[attachment=6583][attachment=6584][attachment=6585][attachment=6583]

[attachment=6586]

Before photo's

[attachment=6587][attachment=6588][attachment=6589][attachment=6590]

NotTheStig said:
Well worth it in my opinion! Be sure to post before and after pics!

Wish I had taken before picture of the Fatboy, it has come up very well considering the state of it!!

I will try to post some of the three of them now, I have not had the time to use them yet, with all the blade testing Stig has "enabled" me to carry out!!

Cyril

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 60
  • photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 51
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 42
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    404.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Slim.JPG
    Slim.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 77
  • redtip.jpg
    redtip.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Fatboy.jpg
    Fatboy.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Fatboy2.jpg
    Fatboy2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 62
Lose the beard said:
I'm having my Gillette New head Rhodium plated, should look great on either my UFO 2 handle or my shiny iKon Bulldog.

what does he charge for just the head's being re-plated? rather than the whole razor.

i emailed him a while back, but never got a reply.

not sure i'm going to bother with handles, as i use mine on my Weber Bulldog handle.

Re: RE: Restored Razors

Gravy said:
Lose the beard said:
I'm having my Gillette New head Rhodium plated, should look great on either my UFO 2 handle or my shiny iKon Bulldog.

what does he charge for just the head's being re-plated? rather than the whole razor.

not sure i'm going to bother with handles, as i use mine on my Weber Bulldog handle.

I don't have the email in front of me, but from memory I think it is £30.00 to Rhodium plate just the head. It would be cheaper I assume if you only want Nickel plating.

Lose the beard said:
Gravy said:
Lose the beard said:

I don't have the email in front of me, but from memory I think it is £30.00 to Rhodium plate just the head. It would be cheaper I assume if you only want Nickel plating.

thanks, i think a full razor in Rhodium is £60, so half price.

i'm looking at 4 heads just in nickel at the moment.

a black chrome fatboy he did looks great Clicky

Gravy said:
Lose the beard said:
Gravy said:
Lose the beard said:

thanks, i think a full razor in Rhodium is £60, so half price.

i'm looking at 4 heads just in nickel at the moment.

a black chrome fatboy he did looks great Clicky

I had my New head replated in Rhodium and the handle in Bright Nickel , cost me £30.00p all in with no postage to pay ,
Derrick

Another very happy customer of Dave's here. He rhodium plated my Gillette Slim for only £30. As he told me, normally it would be £60 because a razor needs to be replated in bright nickel first then gold, then rhodium. But since mine was in exceptional condition, a flash coating of gold, then rhodium did the trick - hence £30. Looks superb. Not only is Dave an expert workman, he is a totally straight and honest guy. I found it a pleasure to deal with him.

All the best,

Chris

Couldn't resist any longer .Sent two razors off today for plating. The Red Tip I bought on here just last week, asking for it to be plated gold, with the red tip knob in silver.
And the second one... Well, I'll post a pic when it comes back. Safe to say if it can be done, it'll be the first time EVER. I think.

Perished said:
Couldn't resist any longer .Sent two razors off today for plating. The Red Tip I bought on here just last week, asking for it to be plated gold, with the red tip knob in silver.
And the second one... Well, I'll post a pic when it comes back. Safe to say if it can be done, it'll be the first time EVER. I think.

Enabled...........:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom