Reduced caffeine and caffeine free coffee - help please

I'm sure your'e right there Sweeney, I wish I had saved a link, I was sure it said just oz's could be me or a typo. Nearly a quarter of a pack of coffee per shot would be interesting. :shock:

Pete said:
I've been using the Lavazza qualita d'oro (already ground) in a stovetop espresso maker. I will have to give the Sainsbury's a try when I need some more.

Don't know what the grind is like on the ground stuff Pete, usually they go for average grind which might not be fine enough for the stove top which I still enjoy after dinner sometimes. Worth a go though it's not expensive.

SirPrize said:
I thoroughly recommend a good grind.
(Where the hell is that PigCat - do I have to do everything around here?)

Well if you must know I was playing Bejewelled Blitz on Facebook! I approve highly of you worthy effort at innuendo. I must admit to reading this thread and overlooking the possibility of utilising the word 'grind' for my smutty schemes. Perhaps we should work out a rota so that there is someone always on hand to lower the tone? :idea:

PS I'm ignoring the other Anthony's insulting comment!

antdad said:
Pete said:
I've been using the Lavazza qualita d'oro (already ground) in a stovetop espresso maker. I will have to give the Sainsbury's a try when I need some more.

Don't know what the grind is like on the ground stuff Pete, usually they go for average grind which might not be fine enough for the stove top which I still enjoy after dinner sometimes. Worth a go though it's not expensive.

I got some of the ground stuff today and can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. I think you might be right about the grind being too coarse for the stovetop so I got one of those French press things to try as well.

Try it in both you never know. Personally I'm not that keen on french press and prefer the richness of espresso from a machine or stove top.

Stick a coffee mill on the Xmas list mate...it's a bit like making the jump from cartridge to D.E shaving, quality,flavour and pleasure are surpassed from a freshly ground bean.

I tried it this morning and it's great stuff.

I have a coffee mill I picked up many years ago in Italy, so I will have to start using it again. I'll get the beans next time.

Thanks for the recommendation. :D

Pete

Great...I like the stuff so much I have quite a serious stash of it, I was always loading up when it was on an offer but now my local always seems to be selling it at 2 for £3.

Terrific value and around half the price of the usual suspects...happy grinding.

Just to keep you updated I am using a blend of caffeine free and regular coffee from Sainsbury, called their 'New York' blend or something like that. Actually quite pleasant. Have also reduced intake to about 4 cups per day.

Results, sleeping better and other unmentionables have also got less bad. So I'll stick with this until at least the packet runs out :)

Seems you have found a happy compromise there. I think that "New York" Style has half caffeine content, so you are getting a "little" hit but if you are drinking it all day it makes sense to go part decaf.

Sainsbury's really have sorted out their coffee range, quite impressive.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/shelves/Ground_Coffee_in_Sainsburys.html">http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/shelves/ ... burys.html</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom