Recommendations for a soap

When I first joined here, I asked this question. I've tried many soaps, hard and soft, cheap and pricy - over £40 for Martin de Candre. Unlike most products, there seems to be little correlation between price and quality. The lather produced by Palmolive, Arko, Tabac, MWF and Proraso plus our resident soap makers is more than a match for the quality that is achievable with the more expensive hard soaps. M de C is a stand out soft soap but only something to ask for as a special gift from someone.

A great selection of suggestions there, folks. Thanks very much.

I've ordered some T&H and MWF for starters. Then I'll have to work my way through the rest of the list!

Cheers.

I'm thinking of trying a hard soap as well, I'm currently using Prof Blighty's and Nanny's soft soaps, both of which I love, but I also fancy trying out a hard soap and this thread has given me some good ideas as to which ones to go for first.

Treat yourself to the T+H luxury hard soap Jonno, there are few better. If the wooden bowl is too steep then I believe the refill is only about £8, which for 6 months worth of shaving soap is an absolute bargain.

Canuck said:
Treat yourself to the T+H luxury hard soap Jonno, there are few better. If the wooden bowl is too steep then I believe the refill is only about £8, which for 6 months worth of shaving soap is an absolute bargain.

Sounds like a bargain, I think I'll get an order in :) Cheers

I'm currently in love with Klar Kabinett, and it's a bargain at 15€ (9,90€ + 5€ shipping) for 500g of spectacular soap in your house!! In Portugal and Spain we made group buys of it, it comes in two bars of 250g. Don't really recommend if you don't like roses and floral smelling soaps! Other than that... magnificent!

rntdcarvalho said:
I'm currently in love with Klar Kabinett, and it's a bargain at 15€ (9,90€ + 5€ shipping) for 500g of spectacular soap in your house!! In Portugal and Spain we made group buys of it, it comes in two bars of 250g. Don't really recommend if you don't like roses and floral smelling soaps! Other than that... magnificent!

500g - that's a lot of soap :shock:

Back
Top Bottom