Razor Refurb...

I've been using my vintage tech for about a month now and I love it, but being old, it looks a little less-than-new. (A little dull and some chips to the plating) I could go out and get a new one, but - and I'm sure you'll understand this - this razor is mine and I've grown rather attached to it.

With that in mind, does anyone know if there is somewhere I can send my razor to get it 'spruced up' a bit?

Thanks all.

Amateur_Casual said:
I've been using my vintage tech for about a month now and I love it, but being old, it looks a little less-than-new. (A little dull and some chips to the plating) I could go out and get a new one, but - and I'm sure you'll understand this - this razor is mine and I've grown rather attached to it.

With that in mind, does anyone know if there is somewhere I can send my razor to get it 'spruced up' a bit?

Thanks all.

Does it have plate loss or is it just dull.

Dave at safety razor will do replating

There are a few bits of plate-loss around the head and the handle is just dull and grey to look at.

Its not aluminium, its steel, I assume the aluminium ones are not plated, or at least, I can't imagine a reason they would be.

Safety Razor it is, I shall email the gent. Help appreciated Pedro & Hunnymonster, thanks!

Amateur_Casual said:
There are a few bits of plate-loss around the head and the handle is just dull and grey to look at.

Its not aluminium, its steel, I assume the aluminium ones are not plated, or at least, I can't imagine a reason they would be.

Safety Razor it is, I shall email the gent. Help appreciated Pedro & Hunnymonster, thanks!

Think you may find you do have an aluminium Tech as the heads were plated brass (in most cases). So to clean the handle may just be a case of a visit to a car shop to get some polish.
But take a look here it is always a good starting reference to see what razor you have.......... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/</a><!-- m -->

Thanks for the offer, interestingly, when i first bought the razor i stumbled across your post and followed the instructions, and I was impressed with the result. Not as impressed, however, as when I used it to clean a friends aluminium tech and watched as the crud lifted off and left the razor shining, sparkling and looking almost new!

I found that cotton buds were an excellent tool for cleaning with vinegar too.

Back
Top Bottom