Razor lending pool

antdad said:
I have an Eclipse that's currently doing the rounds.

• ooo - I'd appreciate being added to those rounds, please, Tony...[/list:u][/list:u]

And I can make available to the lending pool:
        • - 1948/49 USA Aristocrat
          - Rocket HD
          - 1941 British made NEW with fat handle
          - 'Knightsbridge' Parker 90r TTO (2009/10?)[/list:u][/list:u]

I'm interested in borrowing from the pool:
            • - Eclipse Red Ring
              - Goodfella (both/either)
              - Ikon (closed comb/standard preferred - but open comb might do)
              - Weber[/list:u][/list:u]

antdad said:
I have an Eclipse that's currently doing the rounds.

Funny that I was just reading about the Eclipse Red Ring, what are they like as shavers? Mild, aggressive or just different?
Got to admit I love the "Art Deco" styling on the head............this is one of a couple of razors I would like to try, but they seem to command serious money (or at least did?) and I would be loath to fork out silly money and then find out I hated it......... :shock: :shock:
So when it has done the rounds Tony can I have a go with it please? I promise I will give it back......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If there are any razors you want to try ask ?

I think you could describe the shave as very "efficient".

Make arrangement with Hermit who is after Sir Prize. Let me know when it changes hands.

Hiya,

I've got a fatboy in nice shaving shape to toss in the mix. This one's a good example of what a fatboy should perform like.

Matter of fact, I can send that on it's tangled way if someone cares to start things off.

Martin

I have a shaver grade Flair Tip Rocket which gives me a fantastic shave. Its a bit brassed and the handle has a slit in it but still works fine and did me well until I sourced a nicer one.

Would like to try a Slim adjustable.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

I've got a fatboy in nice shaving shape to toss in the mix. This one's a good example of what a fatboy should perform like.

Matter of fact, I can send that on it's tangled way if someone cares to start things off.

Martin

I could also offer the use of a Fatboy as well.............

[attachment=0]

It may need some assembly though.................. :roll: :roll:...............Still trying to find out who can Rhodium plate it....... :cool: .............but that is for later.

I do have shaver grade Gillette president I could lend out?

Attachments

• IMG_1484.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 56
missingskin said:

[attachment=0]

It may need some assembly though.................. :roll: :roll:...............Still trying to find out who can Rhodium plate it....... :cool: .............but that is for later.

Hi Steve,

I think your razor looks fine.......probably in better shape than mine actually. I see yours has all the parts to it, while my fatboy missing a few.

I can offer a few tips about the rhodium plating for that beauty. Whoever you send it to, make sure to only have a very thin coat of the rhodium applied.....thinner the better. That will help cut down on the otherwise enormous extra weight of the plating. The other alternative is to mix the rhodium with upsidaisium, which is only mined in the USA. It's one of the few natural anti gravity elements, which you probably already knew. Pricey, but very light.

Also, send it to the most expensive place for the work to be done, and also try and find out if the whole process will take at least three months.........longer the better of course.

Glad to help with any confusion,

Martin

Oh........offering up a shaver grade President also? This would be in comparison to the 'good condition' fatboy in your pic I'd imagine.

dodgy said:
I can offer a few tips about the rhodium plating for that beauty. Whoever you send it to, make sure to only have a very thin coat of the rhodium applied.....thinner the better. That will help cut down on the otherwise enormous extra weight of the plating. The other alternative is to mix the rhodium with upsidaisium, which is only mined in the USA. It's one of the few natural anti gravity elements, which you probably already knew. Pricey, but very light.

Rhodium's only a bit heavier than silver and way lighter than gold, assuming the original nickel coating would need to be stripped anyway I'd want the Rhodium to be plastered on given the probable cost of the process.

dodgy said:
missingskin said:

[attachment=0]

Hi Steve,

I think your razor looks fine.......probably in better shape than mine actually. I see yours has all the parts to it, while my fatboy missing a few.

Also, send it to the most expensive place for the work to be done, and also try and find out if the whole process will take at least three months.........longer the better of course.

Glad to help with any confusion,

Martin

Oh........offering up a shaver grade President also? This would be in comparison to the 'good condition' fatboy in your pic I'd imagine.

Hi Dodgy, I have heard of this mystical upsidasium (only available in the USA) it sounds great might try it.......... :lol: :lol:

The Prez is a great shaver and a bit unusual as well........ :roll: ...........no I am serious , it is a good shaver. But I thought I would let someone on here try it out.
After your run in with a certain vendor, (who I was going to use ..... :shock: :shock: ) I have decided to try to get the F/B done at a UK jewellers as they don't just show it where the Rhodium lives but coat the item you take to them as well with a decent amount of the metal.

And they don't take 3 months.......... :mrgreen:

antdad said:
dodgy said:

Rhodium's only a bit heavier than silver and way lighter than gold, assuming the original nickel coating would need to be stripped anyway I'd want the Rhodium to be plastered on given the probable cost of the process.

Ant, I purchased the Prez off dodgy who had paid to get it pampered by a US vendor (who's name shall not be mentioned... ;) ;) ) who had it for ages and then claimed it was to pitted to plate properly. Where if they had done as I have and cleaned it properly it would have come back plated properly. So just a bit of banter between me and Dodgy....... :D :D.........all done in fun.....

antdad said:
Ahh...I see. Bad experience with The Razor Emporium ehh?

What's up Tony,

Yeah, I was just goofing with Steve a bit. Actually, I made a point of exaggerating things in that post to tickle things a little more. Heh, it did take longer than usual for the return of the Prez, but not three months.

I actually sent in a few razors and had good luck with one of em. The other one (Steve's Prez) was an adventure.

Martin

dodgy said:
antdad said:
Ahh...I see. Bad experience with The Razor Emporium ehh?

What's up Tony,

Yeah, I was just goofing with Steve a bit. Actually, I made a point of exaggerating things in that post to tickle things a little more. Heh, it did take longer than usual for the return of the Prez, but not three months.

I actually sent in a few razors and had good luck with one of em. The other one (Steve's Prez) was an adventure.

Martin

Martin you shock me..... :shock: :shock: you told me it took a year and cost $500.00 to get done and you were only selling it to feed the kids ............ :lol: :lol:

missingskin said:

Martin you shock me..... :shock: :shock: you told me it took a year and cost $500.00 to get done and you were only selling it to feed the kids ............ :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Hehe, yeah, I remember telling you that little fib. I believe the main selling point was the fact that your razor may have been a gift from US President FDR to Winston Churchill. That little additional bit of truth bending may have sealed the deal.

Martin

hmm.."may have"..did you not happen to have pic of the 2 of em in it?.. :mrgreen:

dodgy said:
missingskin said:

Martin you shock me..... :shock: :shock: you told me it took a year and cost $500.00 to get done and you were only selling it to feed the kids ............ :lol: :lol:

Hehe, yeah, I remember telling you that little fib. I believe the main selling point was the fact that your razor may have been a gift from US President FDR to Winston Churchill. That little additional bit of truth bending may have sealed the deal.

Martin[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom