Rare Gillette (Maybe Prototype ?)

With more than one out there ... we know it's "a thing". Rather than a one-off, a short run?
Knowing there is another makes it more interesting than if there was only the one.
You know the way some people are when cleaning a used razor, harsh chemicals, abrasives, phasers,... could be the same one that someone "cleaned". It wouldn't be the first razor damaged by a numbskull.
It's definitely a different one. It had years of dirt built up, took a fair bit of cleaning, I had to scrape a thick layer of dirt off the neck.

Looks unused, never been in a head.
I may actually have the head separately.
I wonder if it's worth trying to put them together....
I assumed this wasn't from Gillette.
Why I don't know when everything else was but I didn't recognise it.

Is the head the same as the "knack"?

Just like your brain!! :ROFLMAO::LOL::p;)
e008a38702d3bba51228e6ce928051b5.jpg

You know I was just thinking that last night when I went hunting for the "prototype" handle & came across it.

Unfortunately it's completely hollow no thread to attach it anything.
The gold "HD" looking one to the left is similar & the base doesn't turn like a normal rocket TTO.
Makes you wonder what they were for..... Plastic mock ups for the knack? ‍♀️

Certainly two of these (this latest handle and the Sunbury Steve full razor) tell the story that they gear was previously owned by former Gillette employees. I was musing over that photograph of employees (hundreds of fellows) at the Wilkinson Sword factory doing their daily shaves and reporting back to the company as part of a widespread real-world R&D ...

Perhaps these were handed out to Gillette employees to shave with and see what they thought of the head. Pre-market R&D with employees?

Back
Top Bottom