Quality DE Razors

I'm a vintage man myself, but on build quality of modern razors, I'd say the Futur is really nicely build. (but I hate it with a passion shave-wise)

I recently found a Lechere 3 piece OC, which looks crap and very cheap, but it shaves very well!

And quality wise, most vintage Gillettes are excellent.
If they've lasted 50-80 years, and still in good shape, chances are they'll last another few years.

Max

Canuck said:
You know what, despite the lowish cost (around £20) you'd find it hard to get hold of a better quality razor than an Edwin Jagger, they're so well made and incredibly well finished.

I agree! I have an Edwin Jagger DE 87 & a DE 89 (badged as a Bluebeards Revenge Scimitar) they are both superb razors to use, as Canuck says they are superbly made and finished.

And, at the risk of hijacking (or at least diverting) a thread entitled DE razors ...................... Everyone owes it to themsleves to try a single edge at least once in their shaving career. There are some very nice "collectors' grade" models available at reasonable affordable prices and the "just for everyday shaving" quality shouldn't set you back more than a tenner. Costing me £7 my everyday Ever Ready gives close, smooth shaves with nary a nick. And, like many on here, I get a mild pleasure from using a razor which is even older than this pensioner & still performing just as the artificiers who made it intended.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Yeah I'd go with that. But bear in mind blades are thicker and require a slightly different angle of attack.
I tend to favour older razors. Bit of history and perhaps symbolic of their time.

Back
Top Bottom