Punctuation and why I keep having a go at huxley

hunnymonster said:
Ah, but look at the small print...

Looks like they can't make up their mind either! :roll:

Perhaps we should ask the goats.

PS How do you punctuate equilibrium? Gould only knows!! :lol: Sorry, biology joke.

If I remember correctly, on an episode of QI this past season (season: G; the show: Grammar), Stephen Fry (insert glorious fanfare here:_____ ) made mention that there are no actual hard and fast set rules governing all apostrophe usage in the English language, and that there never truly was - though, I think he meant this - at the least - about using apstrophes, and not something else where an apostrophe might logically be used ... like a comma as a subscript apostrophe, which is always pretty much gonna be wrong.

I can't say for certain how much that's true, or not true, just mentioning...

This is all getting very very complicated.....maybe I'll just call it Goat Milk and keep it simple, and avoid courting the derision of people who know far more about apostrophes than I do.

As for Rev-o and Urban Hermit....I suppose I should have seen that coming. So thought they might enjoy this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0</a><!-- m --> Not something I'm planning on trying any time soon. Henk might have some advice on the legalities........

Wow, there's an identified market niche, I'm sure:
      • homemade soaps that will make you feel dirty.[/list:u]
          • *squick*[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I never knew just what the hee-bee-gee-bees felt like, before that thread - mostly due, I think to the response against the posting mod who suggested that "peer reviewed research is better than gullibility" (my paraphrasing). Then again, I didn't think the mod's post seemed cynical, just skeptical.

Thanks, Nanny.
            :hungrig

I have to say I'm more in the 'eeeewe' camp.....but for the mother to use for herself and the baby, I can cope. And as the thread goes on to say, if we're happy for animal urine to be in our cosmetics....... As for peer reviewed studies...I agree, proper scientific research is the only way to be convinced. But it is a fact that people like L'Oreal etc. can fund such reasearch, and e.g. aromatherapists can't. We all know that apparently scientific research supported the theory that smoking wasn't bad for us for a long time.
He who pays the piper calls the tune, even in scientific research. Waiting for Henk to comment on this.

Having skipped through this post and not read everything in it, I now am under the impression that Sharon is telling me the noises she makes during love-making. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Back
Top Bottom