Proraso Red

ollie9091 said:
I really do have very sensitive skin, and am currently nearing the end of a tub of this and not had the slightest of reactions. However, we are all different

Thats good to know. I held off buying this as I have reacted to creams with sandalwood oil before. Might give this a go.

Telephonebox said:
ollie9091 said:
I really do have very sensitive skin, and am currently nearing the end of a tub of this and not had the slightest of reactions. However, we are all different

Thats good to know. I held off buying this as I have reacted to creams with sandalwood oil before. Might give this a go.

I just bought a tube of the blue one though as that looked good to me. Cant wait to try it out.

ollie9091 said:
I like the blue, unusual scent but a cracking performer

Would agree with that! I just used it for the first time last night. Brilliant thick fluffly lather, and a smooth shave, no irritation. Razor was gliding around my face.

To top it all, face felt moisturised afterwards. Great product. Will have to try the red now too.

Telephonebox said:
ollie9091 said:
I like the blue, unusual scent but a cracking performer

Would agree with that! I just used it for the first time last night. Brilliant thick fluffly lather, and a smooth shave, no irritation. Razor was gliding around my face.

To top it all, face felt moisturised afterwards. Great product. Will have to try the red now too.
I have both the Red and the Blue Proraso, and for me the red is even better than the Blue in almost everything, but maybe a bit behind on the moisturizing.

I have a red tub, a green tub, and a tube of blue. They are all superb performers. Of course there are slight variations in lather and slickness and of course scent but I have no complaints with any of them

Proraso Red used to be my Proraso of choice, but I went on to try them all, and now use them all regularly in rotation. My skin is inclined to be slightly sensitive, but I have never had a problem with any of them.

At the danger of opening a can of worms can I ask - is there any performance difference between Proraso in a tube & a tub? Asking for a friend :rolleyes:
No difference in performance at all. It's like comparing a bottle of liquid soap, and a bar of soap, both will wash your hands just fine, most have a preference for one over the other... I enjoy the 'tub' because of the ritual of lathering it up with a brush, but I also use a tube too whenever the mood strikes!

No difference in performance at all. It's like comparing a bottle of liquid soap, and a bar of soap, both will wash your hands just fine, most have a preference for one over the other... I enjoy the 'tub' because of the ritual of lathering it up with a brush, but I also use a tube too whenever the mood strikes!
Thank you for your explanation. I'm in need of an autumn/winter cream/soap - this one may fit the bill!

Gotta love the green. very cooling where I am in the relentless heat and humidity of southern China. Not that I use it every day, I don't have enough to do that, and good shaving soap is hard to come by here.

Top Bottom