Post Shave Moisturizing

Diprobase is an emolient not a hydrator.

It works for me in the rare instances where I need it. I get a tiny little dry patch on the right hand side of my nose in winter occasionally. Wee dab on it every once in a while works wonders.

In my case the primary determinant of my skin health is making sure I drink enough water. If I do that, I can make do with nothing but shaving soap, alum and snakebite splash and never need another thing. Sometimes I'm negligent with my hydration though, sadly.

+1 There is a lot to be said for using lots of plain old H2O. I have been getting good results from simply wiping some water all over my neck and face and then repeating 5 mins later when the skin has dried. My skin seems to drink a lot in post shave and it certainly makes my skin feel better.

I think it's a big first step with huge return on investment that people often overlook before trying more elaborate and complex things. Nobody here seems to be guilty of that, but I know some people in my real life friends circle who definitely are.

I do a lot of weightlifting in my free time, and a lot of hiking too - there are parallels.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who spend a fortune on supplements etc - to see a 5% improvement at best, when they could easily see a 20% or better improvement by just sleeping more, drinking more water, and eating better food.

Similarly in hiking circles I've seen a thousand pounds spent on lighter hiking gear, to spare 5kg of pack weight on a man 20kg overweight from too many takeaways and nights on the beer.

I was going to buy the big pump container at Savers of Cetraben, but found a small pump container online.
I haven't tried Cetraben or Zerobase yet.

View attachment 85601
Well the Zerobase has a greater water content than the Diprobase emolient cream.
It is better than the newly release Diprobase eczema cream. I have decided to mix the Zerobase and then the eczema cream with the Diprobase emolient cream. I usually use 2 to 3 pumps, so I can mix in the lesser quality creams and still have a good product. However, there are many different brands out there to try:

Epaderm
Cetraben
Oilatum
Hydromol
Zeroderm
Aproderm
Aveeno
E45
Eucerin
Doublebase
Balneum
Aquamol