Post Shave Moisturizing

Diprobase is an emolient not a hydrator.

It works for me in the rare instances where I need it. I get a tiny little dry patch on the right hand side of my nose in winter occasionally. Wee dab on it every once in a while works wonders.

In my case the primary determinant of my skin health is making sure I drink enough water. If I do that, I can make do with nothing but shaving soap, alum and snakebite splash and never need another thing. Sometimes I'm negligent with my hydration though, sadly.

In my case the primary determinant of my skin health is making sure I drink enough water. If I do that, I can make do with nothing but shaving soap, alum and snakebite splash and never need another thing. Sometimes I'm negligent with my hydration though, sadly.

+1 There is a lot to be said for using lots of plain old H2O. I have been getting good results from simply wiping some water all over my neck and face and then repeating 5 mins later when the skin has dried. My skin seems to drink a lot in post shave and it certainly makes my skin feel better.

+1 There is a lot to be said for using lots of plain old H2O. I have been getting good results from simply wiping some water all over my neck and face and then repeating 5 mins later when the skin has dried. My skin seems to drink a lot in post shave and it certainly makes my skin feel better.

I think it's a big first step with huge return on investment that people often overlook before trying more elaborate and complex things. Nobody here seems to be guilty of that, but I know some people in my real life friends circle who definitely are.

I do a lot of weightlifting in my free time, and a lot of hiking too - there are parallels.

You wouldn't believe the number of people who spend a fortune on supplements etc - to see a 5% improvement at best, when they could easily see a 20% or better improvement by just sleeping more, drinking more water, and eating better food.

Similarly in hiking circles I've seen a thousand pounds spent on lighter hiking gear, to spare 5kg of pack weight on a man 20kg overweight from too many takeaways and nights on the beer.

I was going to buy the big pump container at Savers of Cetraben, but found a small pump container online.
I haven't tried Cetraben or Zerobase yet.

View attachment 85601
Well the Zerobase has a greater water content than the Diprobase emolient cream.
It is better than the newly release Diprobase eczema cream. I have decided to mix the Zerobase and then the eczema cream with the Diprobase emolient cream. I usually use 2 to 3 pumps, so I can mix in the lesser quality creams and still have a good product. However, there are many different brands out there to try:

Epaderm
Cetraben
Oilatum
Hydromol
Zeroderm
Aproderm
Aveeno
E45
Eucerin
Doublebase
Balneum
Aquamol