Post dental pain management

I was at my annual spine review this morning. Seems I may expect further deterioration which will mean loss of bladder and bowel control and then 'weak legs' and I won't be able to stand. At that point they would consider operating - provided I lose weight - and they should be able to restore my ability to stand but at the cost of 'considerably increased back pain'.

I think codeine addiction will not concern me one jot, or morphine either - just keep giving me more!! I've been on 30/500 three or four times a day ever since I came off morphine - couple or three years ago? - along with myriad other pain reducers.

Now Gabapentin is fun! Mind altering or what! Miss one dose of that and watch out - or increase the dose and dance with the fairies for a day!

A few days of 30/500 for tooth-ache will not be a problem!

I can't get to the pharmacy - too far to walk. Thank goodness for EPS! and Gerry who delivers! So no, I haven't. I have medicine reviews with my GP and free prescriptions - thank goodness. Aneurin, anyway!

I can't get to the pharmacy - too far to walk. Thank goodness for EPS! and Gerry who delivers! So no, I haven't. I have medicine reviews with my GP and free prescriptions - thank goodness. Aneurin, anyway!
Fair play, EPS is good when it works. Wish you all the best with your mobility.

Quick question going back to he various Nurofens @Nishy . I'm obviously aware that ibuprofen is ibuprofen is ibuprofen and would never pay the extra for plain old Ibuprofen 200mg in a fancy packet, however what advantages if any does Ibuprofen Lysine have over Ibuprofen?

Hmm good question. Lysine is an amino acid which the body uses as a building block, so perhaps attaching the Ibuprofen to this lysine might trick the body into absorbing the Ibuprofen better than Ibuprofen without Lysine. So in theory allowing Ibuprofen to work quicker.

Yes, obviously a sprain for example can also and possibly more effectively, be treated topically. It is the long term use that is ill advised.
It's annoying that certain elements are 'censored' from public knowledge. Corsodyl for example stains enamel.

Yes, obviously a sprain for example can also and possibly more effectively, be treated topically. It is the long term use that is ill advised.
It's annoying that certain elements are 'censored' from public knowledge. Corsodyl for example stains enamel.

Not censored from the Corsodyl label though it implies simple brushing will clean it off which I found to not be the case.

Back
Top Bottom