Pls help me choose a vintage gillette

Have a look at the thread I made:
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9165

I'd go for Flaretip, either superspeed or Rocket, both very good shavers to start off with.

At one point you will buy an adjustable (who doesn't?), be it a slim or a fatboy, or both..

Max

One more recommendation for a Flare Tip SS, my first vintage Gillette, a beautiful object in its own right, and gives a great shave.

From my own dealings with Max, I would have no hesitation pointing you in his direction (board protocol permitting of couse).

Regards,

dodgy said:
Hiya,
Well, there's a bunch of razors being mentioned here, and you can probably figure out they each have their own charm. Heh, that's not even including the Slim and Aristorat types...also real crowd pleasers. I could tell you which razors work best for me, but that won't guarantee they'll perform the same for you.
So, just pick one that sorta calls to you........it's gonna be a crapshoot no matter what you decide on. Only thing I'd suggest would be to hold off trying an open comb type until your technique is well along. Other than that, you gotta start somewhere and so the vintage Gillette DE journey begins......
Hope that helps,

Martin
.....and never ends.... I started with a superspeed and kept with that for a while then got a tech and now... I have a therapist.
Explore, enjoy but try and get some technique really down first.
Get a fave blade you know works well for you then you can use your default setting when you change round.
I hAve a nice gold ball end tech you can have for a reasonable price!!!
Cheers
Tim.

Back
Top Bottom