Plagued by popups

I didn't say pop up ads. It is the same as the message in post #9 on this thread. I use Vivaldi (ARM 64) which is based on Chrome and has its own Blocker. I also have duckduck privacy installed. Both are turned off for the TSR domain and I still get the pop up when I change page. I really don't know what else I can do as I complied with the request.......but they still keep coming.

@Boab

Stupid question probably, but....

I get that the site costs money to run. Ads provide some revenue towards that.

Does a person, or people, using add blockers affect that? Are you paid by views per ad, clicks on an ad to their site or just to "host" the ads?

I genuinely don't know how it works or how our actions affect you.
If ads get shown then the revenue gets paid, it's fractions of a penny per ad displayed. If someone clicks then the revenue is more. So yeah blockers do affect the amount received.

I have never been bothered by the ads on here, they seem to just be a banner at the top and not seen one popup, a small price to pay for such a great website.
I really should upgrade my account at some point as I am here daily but not once have I felt pushed towards paying in fact it's quite the opposite as I forget there is an upgrade option and even that is hidden on my profile page.
being bullied is definitely not something that springs to my mind.

Ahh the irony of discussing ways to block and bypass the advertising on a site whilst on that site :ROFLMAO:
The bottom line is that the advertising keeps the site running because it covers some of the costs. It still costs me money, I pay for you to use this site. Enjoy your ad-free browsing while the site is still here.
While the site is still here .....is this the end of TSR...,I do hope not.

Paul.

Don't worry.
Thank goodness for that! It has become my go to site for gathering advice and info, its where I started off discovering wet shaving and would be a real loss. Plus how else would I avoid work and real life? Plus as a country, we're in enough economic :poop: as it is, the closure of the BST and the Emporium would truly sink us! DOn't make me have to join a facebook group!

Don't worry. Day by day, they're fewer and fewer ...
I thought it was nuts that kids were cutting themselves in the bathrooms at school. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that their kids one-upped them by cutting off body parts.

It does set the bar fairly high for the next generation of rebels.

I didn't say pop up ads. It is the same as the message in post #9 on this thread. I use Vivaldi (ARM 64) which is based on Chrome and has its own Blocker. I also have duckduck privacy installed. Both are turned off for the TSR domain and I still get the pop up when I change page. I really don't know what else I can do as I complied with the request.......but they still keep coming.
Then that is a different issue that I will look into.

Back
Top Bottom