Pinuad Clubman

This has most likely been discussed several times on here but I didn't see any harm in mentioning it again.
I've never tried it so this morning I ordered a 170 ml bottle to try.
Thoughts,opinions?

Don't base your opinion of the scent on what you catch when you first open the bottle. Apply sparingly initially and give it a few moments on your skin to settle before judging it. Remember the Clubman was the scent originally worn by guys like Kirk Douglas and Robert Mitchum ( allegedly ) so don't be surprised at its' ' alpha male ' scent. It can tend to divide opinion, and judt wait till you move on to Special Reserve and/or Vegetal. Enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/

I love it!

It was my first after shave purchase with wasn't a "main stream" thing (eg something you buy from Boots). Probably gets more use than any other of my AS's now. I'd like to try the other Pinuad's at some point.

Plus MrsB loves it too.

7bde9f6faa3fec421c39cfc84362c18c.jpg

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't base your opinion of the scent on what you catch when you first open the bottle. Apply sparingly initially and give it a few moments on your skin to settle before judging it. Remember the Clubman was the scent originally worn by guys like Kirk Douglas and Robert Mitchum ( allegedly ) so don't be surprised at its' ' alpha male ' scent. It can tend to divide opinion, and judt wait till you move on to Special Reserve and/or Vegetal. Enjoy.

JohnnyO. o/
Brilliant advice pal thanks:)

Clubman is great stuff, as is Lilac Vegetal. In fact, all the Pinaud line are good products, with nice scents and the bonus that you get a lot for not too much money. The only thing I do find is that the scent is not especially strong or long-lasting, in that you're not walking around in a cloud of it all day; although "close contact"(ahem) is a different matter. That doesn't bother me, as it dwindles to a faint but subtle and old-fashioned barbershop scent, which I like a lot. As it happens, the "Marmite" Lilac Vegetal does exactly the same, and fades down to a similar, light vintage scent.

I like Pinaud Clubman, it is difficult to explain or I am not very good at explaining the scents. As it is mentioned in previous replies, the scent changes and settles to a different scent after the application but I can say that the Classic and the Musk is floral, I mean heavy on floral notes after application and after settles down. Vanilla and Special reserve being my favourite, they are not as floral. Personally I don't like Lilac Vegetal full stop. I don't know Citrus Musk, I got Lime Sec which has a strong Lime scent, it is a nice scent and I recommend to anyone who likes Citrusy scents especially Lime.
All their Lotions comes in a plastic bottle that looks nice but I read somewhere that with plastic bottles the lotions don't last long.
With the Classic, when you open the bottle expect a scent of combination of Brut, Flowers and a hint of burnt plastic but it will settle to masculine floral scent.

I was looking on Amazon & found lots of different variations of it.I'm hoping that I will like it though.It's a shame that it comes in a plastic bottle because the various designs are quite nice imo.

You'll do just fine, Jack, what PN didn't put in that ad is that it is really for the Lilac Vegetal. As a pensioner I can't really wear it except on public transport when I want a corner to myself. Then it works just fine as everyone assumes I've been incontinent and keeps clear ...

JohnnyO. o/
Haha

Must admit guys that my curiosity is building up & I'm very curious now.Hopefully it will be a start of things to come.Maybe a let down,but I hope not:(

Must admit guys that my curiosity is building up & I'm very curious now.Hopefully it will be a start of things to come.Maybe a let down,but I hope not:(
I don't think you'll be let down. Its a very 'traditional' type scent (how abiguous is that) kind of a talc type smell and almost powdery if that makes sense?

I don't think you'll be let down. Its a very 'traditional' type scent (how abiguous is that) kind of a talc type smell and almost powdery if that makes sense?
Sort of yeah.How many variations of it are there? Talking to talc,I've seen that they do a shaving one too.

Back
Top Bottom