PIF of the day: C&S #88 soap puck ***GONE***

This is now GONE.

Used 4-5 times but despite its excellent performance I cannot get on with its smell.

I am in Greece at the moment, back to base mid-next week.
The puck is with me here but its box and wrap paper are back in base, so if you want those as well then the item will have to be shipped to you next week.

IMG_2036.jpg

As per usual practice, PM me accordingly with your shipping address. :)

Re: PIF of the day: C&S #88 soap puck

C&S #88 is definitely an acquired scent (musky rose?). Tell the truth K you are visiting Mikael, there is nowhere else that is that dark.

antdad said:
Tell the truth K you are visiting Mikael, there is nowhere else that is that dark.
Hmmm didn't know our Swedish friend was that dark.
Can't see him though using any Domenico Caraceni shave cream (parhaps only when he visits any far away castles in the Romanian countryside...) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

AdamSmith said:
Great pif, you will love it Anthony. My fave. soap and would stock up were if not £20/puck :eek:
Thank you dear boy, but it was not me who won this PIF - I was the third respondent! :cry:

Czech and Speake #88 is a fantastic soap, really gives a first class shave (was probably the first soap I used which gave me a first class BBS without any trouble at all). I love the dark and mysterious rose scent, but Mrs PompeyBill absolutely hates it.

SirPrize said:
antdad said:
C&S #88 is definitely an acquired scent (musky rose?)
(See above)
Oh thanks a bunch Tony - rub it in, why don't you? - I love Rose :(

Sorry, I'm sure whoever was first to the PIF can send you healthy sample.

Reminds me of an old dark magic/joke shop that used to be round the corner from a pub I used to live in.

Weird what images scents can trigger.

I have the original black glass Czech & Speake bowl for mine.

Very decadent.

I have a puck of this soap which has seen little use,it whips up a lovely slick lather but the scent reminds me of industrial hand cleaner,not sure why since i have never worked in an industrial environment.
It is indeed strange how smells conjur up certain images.

Dave.

Back
Top Bottom