Closed Pass it on, the coldest soap on earth.

Of course should be enough soap for 10 members few shaves each. Your on the list buddy!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

May be best to scoop the soap from the bowl as opposed to bowl lathering, to avoid it becoming over saturated with water. But use it abuse it as you wish :)

Sample soap has arrived today so a shave is on for tonight, though my eyes are stinging from smelling it! What I'll do is take a small sample from the dish to last me a couple of shaves and post on to number 2 tomorrow. So @Holyzeus, can you pm me your address and I'll get this in the post to you tomorrow!

Goodness me.
It sounds absolutely appalling.
I can't stand menthol in anyway. I can not understand why people like it.
I think you all must be a little odd.

This sounds like it will sort the men from the boys.

Yep, I'm with you. Them menth heads is a crazy bunch, attracted to and searching out such a weird feeling.

Of course some of the more extreme screwballs are always looking for the ultimate hit and maybe some of that is a macho thing like having the biggest dick. In this case the goal is ultimate shrinkage.

Anyway, some of the posters can be amusing....poor bastards.

Martin

I just had the coldest shave on earth, I believe.

Ice cold shower - not really. I have my limits. :rolleyes:
Stirling original glacial soap
MÜHLE 33K257 brush
Plenty of cold water - with a few handful of ice cubes
Hone Type 15 - head frozen overnight
Feather blade (1)
Alum block
Frozen tap water ice lolly instead of cold water rinse
Alcolado Glacial ASL

Details here.

So had my first shave with this last night using my merkur futur on level 4, i like my shaves a tad aggressive. The only other menthol type soap I've used is the proraso.

This was much much colder on the face and the feeling lasts throughout the shave as well (2 passes for me) whereas on the proraso, that dims quite quickly. Rinse with cold water at the end of the shave and that is a feeling I have never experienced before and actually quite enjoyed. The tingling sensation lasted a good 15 minutes after the shave too.

As to the actual shave itself, I found this soap in the same league as the other sterling soaps I have tried, in that it lathers easily on the face, producing a lovely yoghurty mixture in no time at all and had me a very comfortable shave indeed. Slight stinging on the eyes as its quite powerful but didn't make them uncomfortable or watery.

So all in all, really enjoyed the new 'experience' and have taken out enough for another shave tonight. A real cool test would be to shave with this on the coldest night of the year!! The soap is now winging it's way over to @Holyzeus.

20160608_191744-1.jpg

Last edited:
So had my first shave with this last night using my merkur futur on level 4, i like my shaves a tad aggressive. The only other menthol type soap I've used is the proraso.

This was much much colder on the face and the feeling lasts throughout the shave as well (2 passes for me) whereas on the proraso, that dims quite quickly. Rinse with cold water at the end of the shave and that is a feeling I have never experienced before and actually quite enjoyed. The tingling sensation lasted a good 15 minutes after the shave too.

As to the actual shave itself, I found this soap in the same league as the other sterling soaps I have tried, in that it lathers easily on the face, producing a lovely yoghurty mixture in no time at all and had me a very comfortable shave indeed. Slight stinging on the eyes as its quite powerful but didn't make them uncomfortable or watery.

So all in all, really enjoyed the new 'experience' and have taken out enough for another shave tonight. A real cool test would be to shave with this on the coldest night of the year!! The soap is now winging it's way over to @Holyzeus.

View attachment 18971
Excellent Tazman, I have not managed to get a thick yoghurt like texture from it as yet. However, I did actually take this abroad with me to Iceland and as I shave at night I did so, then proceeded to stand outside at - 8 Celsius looking for the Northern lights. Never again. Teeth chattering, face feeling like a glacial water and nuts that were slowly becoming ice cubes. Well worth the visit just don't use this stuff before!

After yesterday's shave I had enough of the Stirling Glacial left for a second shave. So I used it today for a hot water shave with the Cobra Classic. I'm still not impressed by the resulting lather. Although there was enough for four passes, it was not as thick as I like it.
Using hot water to face lather the soap lifted the menthol release to another level. Watering eyes and runny nose were the result, but not to the point where it was unbearable.
I have now used the entire sample, so (that's) the end of my test. Would I buy this soap? Possibly, if I spent more time in a hot climate. I give it 10/10 for its freeze factor, slickness is good, cushion could be better, maybe it could be improved with practice.
Thanks, @Nishy for the opportunity to try this. It was definitely fun. I had a blast (from the blast chiller).

I found it to be exactly as you describe Andreas, slick but runny, often use it with a very mild razor. Or Japanese straights.

@flobberdob pm me your details please and i'll get the soap off at the weekend
The soap, yay a proper menthol soap! Real strong levels of menthol, very close to Cryogen but not as strong as Artique, still can induce tears though
Water hungry as these soaps tend to be so i've only used it once
Also found the lather to be weak and did actually incur a nick from the Rocnel

@flobberdob pm me your details please and i'll get the soap off at the weekend
The soap, yay a proper menthol soap! Real strong levels of menthol, very close to Cryogen but not as strong as Artique, still can induce tears though
Water hungry as these soaps tend to be so i've only used it once
Also found the lather to be weak and did actually incur a nick from the Rocnel
Sounds about right holyzeus, must get myself some Artique. I cried, no shame :)

Back
Top Bottom