Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Lothur Oregon Croap
Aftershave: Lothur Oregon Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm

So today was a nearly new shave with everything bar the blade and bowl. I rarely do this as there’s too many variables but with all my recent goodies arriving I couldn’t resist. The Lothur is amazing and to my brutish nose a stronger and similar set of scent notes to Proraso Green. The brush is lovely in the hand and love the firmness of the knot, so I’m looking even more forward to my own commission.
I have so far very little to add to the comprehensive review from @Masamune. as he said it’s a fantastic smooth, mild and comfortable daily shaver. It’s very solid and the handle feels great, it’s lighter than it looks and I wouldn’t have thought it hollow if I didn’t know. For a first run I went with my go to Astra Green and at times it was so smooth and effortless I had to double check I’d A) loaded the blade and the. B) was taking any growth off! On the second pass, I was able to run the razor the full length of my jawline, from ear to chin, without a bump or nick with good results, this is normally a problem area for me but I was able to complete the full length with a good finish and minimal effort. It’s not going for a peel the top layer of skin shave, this is an efficient work day razor it will leave you nicely smooth for your 9-5.
I love the feel of the finish if not the look, it’s a little darker than I like. There’s a small amount of blade exposure but the head does such a good job at clamping down on the blade there’s zero movement which possibly explains why it barely felt like it was there. It’s certainly an intuitive head design, easy to find an effective angle and the lather slots clear the soap easily. I’m going to stick with the Astra for another day or so then see if the efficiency improves with a sharper blade.
Many thanks for the chance to be a part of the passaround @Scorpio93
It’s so far been a great first shave with my first use of a Wolfman. Even if this isn’t the normal premium hand finished version, I can certainly still see the craftsmanship in how it just feels right from the off.

I'm not being nasty or critical in an overtly negative manner but as my Gamechanger has a lovely shine and is an outstanding shave whilst being fully 316 stainless steel, I shall leave this to those with the pockets to accommodate it.

I'm not being nasty or critical in an overtly negative manner but as my Gamechanger has a lovely shine and is an outstanding shave whilst being fully 316 stainless steel, I shall leave this to those with the pockets to accommodate it.
it’s a pass around mate you don’t need big pockets
anyway i’m home late monday
expect a pm tuesday :love:
ya hertz cnut

A182201E-04F3-4F70-8935-F4FF04F33A32.jpeg
SOTD: 05/03/2023

Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Emperor Oud
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

Another super smooth shave, the balance is excellent and it really is an autopilot razor but not in a soulless way, more in a satisfying that was unexpectedly good way! I tried my best to play with my angle of attack so to speak, to try and eke out a tad more efficiency in each pass but to no avail. That’s not to say it’s bad but I’m definitely left with growth this evening a lot earlier than with some of my other razors. I’m going to use a feather blade tomorrow for no other reason than it seems to be just on the edge of a very, very good daily shaver especially if I can get a little more efficiency from it. Just a great razor for an easy relaxed Sunday shave.

70067CAB-1D7F-4133-B725-BED512F7F31A.jpeg
SOTD: 06/03/2023

Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

The Feather blade certainly made a difference to the mild Guerilla, just lifting up the efficiency a level a step. I still think the balance, weight and shave is excellent for the Guerrilla but despite my love of a mild razor this is still just a little bit too gentle for my taste. I just have to thick a regrowth for a shave with it to last. I’ll have another shave with it tomorrow but I’m not sure I’m going to be able to get much more efficiency out of it. It’s near perfect as a daily shaver and I’m very impressed with my first ‘Wolfman’ experience however it’s just too mild for my tastes.

My old Guerrilla arrived bundled with feathers so I knew it was going to be a milder shave. Nothing wrong with that though. Interested to see if James will offer an open comb.

A standard gap regular Wolfman definitely cuts closer.

My old Guerrilla arrived bundled with feathers so I knew it was going to be a milder shave. Nothing wrong with that though. Interested to see if James will offer an open comb.

A standard gap regular Wolfman definitely cuts closer.
I think an open comb version may just get that bit more efficiency I’d be looking for, I have thick, dark hair and the solid bar is an almost spot on. I love a mild razor normally however I stick with the opinion that it’s a great razor for a 9-5 shave but it’s just a little too mild for more than that.

Not tried the Feather razor. Others will have to make the comparison. I’m glad I have the OC Guerrilla which turns up the efficiency.
The Feather is very mild
i do prefer something with a bit of punch but for some reason i keep using the feather time after time.
It’s possibly one of the most mild razors i own if not the mildest but as i say i probably use it more than most

Back
Top Bottom