Active Pass around - Wolfman Guerrilla SB razor

Another pass around, courtesy of James from Wolfman razors. This time it is Wolfman Guerrilla SB razor in Matte finish - 316L stainless steel.

Included in pass around are handle and razor head.

Now onto the more boring but necessary bit! Rules:
- open to active, UK members ( can be active either on TSR or ATG).
- Minimum post count: 100 (can be total in mixture between TSR and ATG), with at least 6 months participation on either.
- 7 days to try
- Disinfect the razor before sending onto next person
- send via Royal Mail special delivery onto next person once you’re done with it (just so the full value of it, £275, is covered in case of loss/damage). You are responsible for the razor from the moment it reaches you, to the moment other person has it in their hands.
- when sending on to the next person , include me in message where tracking and passing of the address is.
- I reserve the right to add/remove people to the list at my disclosure.

Once razor is with last person , I’ll let them know where to send it onto - since it'll be run on ATG too.

And as promised, took few snaps of it this evening :)

F41265F7-44CB-43B0-80C4-F2A703D3C26F.jpeg
85A2F677-B544-4744-BE9A-50B768D67CEA.jpeg
57391180-39F7-4788-8DE3-9ADFE4913350.jpeg1C13B0DE-2829-4F8D-A679-3C5475D14771.jpeg

Participants List:
1.@Masamune

Last edited:
Another pass around, courtesy of James from Wolfman razors. This time it is Wolfman Guerrilla SB razor in Matte finish - 316L stainless steel.

Included in pass around are handle and razor head.

Now onto the more boring but necessary bit! Rules:
- open to active, UK members ( can be active either on TSR or ATG).
- Minimum post count: 100 (can be total in mixture between TSR and ATG), with at least 6 months participation on either.
- 7 days to try
- Disinfect the razor before sending onto next person
- send via Royal Mail special delivery onto next person once you’re done with it (just so the full value of it, £275, is covered in case of loss/damage). You are responsible for the razor from the moment it reaches you, to the moment other person has it in their hands.
- when sending on to the next person , include me in message where tracking and passing of the address is.
- I reserve the right to add/remove people to the list at my disclosure.

Once razor is with last person , I’ll let them know where to send it onto - since it'll be run on ATG too.

Pictures to follow soon :)

Participants List:
1.@Masamune
id like to take part in trying out a razor but i dont just in case something goes wrong or i drop it lool

btw hwo you managing to source these razors? do you know them personally/ or they reach out to you?

sorry just curious lol

id like to take part in trying out a razor but i dont just in case something goes wrong or i drop it lool

btw hwo you managing to source these razors? do you know them personally/ or they reach out to you?

sorry just curious lol
Well if you’re careful then I’m sure it’ll be fine haha!

I’m usually in talks with James himself, and sometimes he reaches out to me

I have the razor from @Scorpio93 :cool:

First shave tomorrow but took a few pictures with both original and the new Guerrilla to compare

IMG_0612.jpg
IMG_0617.jpgIMG_0622.jpgIMG_0616.jpg
IMG_0623.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0620.jpgIMG_0621.jpg

Handle is slimmed down and feels more solid for a hollow handle. The finish is darker than I expected, closer to the colour of the Hone 15s than a Tatara. Very industrial looking and very different from any Wolfman I've used.

Original 91g
New 96g

Guerrilla tactics

IMG_0642.jpg

First shave was a side-by-side with old and new Guerrillas. The balance of the razors is a little different: the new Guerrilla shifts the weight towards the handle. The entire razor feels more solid and the hollow handle is less apparent. Even though the grip is better in the stonewash finish, I prefer the original handle dimensions and miss the little dimple under the base. No slip with wet hands on the slimmer handle - I've never dropped the brushed one though.

The head is slimmed down a little as well and is easier under the nose etc. The chunky safety bar on the original does restrict the optimal angle but does give you those oversized lather slots. I've never had an issue with loading blades in the old Guerrilla and normally load on the cap like any other razor, pinch both cap and baseplate together and thread the handle. Not surprised that James changed it though. Blade is locked tight in the new Guerrilla and no movement whatsoever.

The original does feel milder than the new.

The new Guerrilla is a smooth and comfortable daily shaver with minor blade feel (compared to the old version). Frankly after testing the new Guerrilla for the past few days, the end result and efficiency is very similar to the old razor I'm going to shave with the original tomorrow before saying which is closer. It's that close.

Personally I prefer the ergonomics and the balance of the original. And the finish. The stonewash finish is well done, I just prefer brushed razors overall.

If you are looking for a razor with high efficiency this isn't it IMO. Stick to the WR series. All my shaves have involved three passes.

IMG_0640.jpgIMG_0639.jpg

Guerrilla tactics

View attachment 101469

First shave was a side-by-side with old and new Guerrillas. The balance of the razors is a little different: the new Guerrilla shifts the weight towards the handle. The entire razor feels more solid and the hollow handle is less apparent. Even though the grip is better in the stonewash finish, I prefer the original handle dimensions and miss the little dimple under the base. No slip with wet hands on the slimmer handle - I've never dropped the brushed one though.

The head is slimmed down a little as well and is easier under the nose etc. The chunky safety bar on the original does restrict the optimal angle but does give you those oversized lather slots. I've never had an issue with loading blades in the old Guerrilla and normally load on the cap like any other razor, pinch both cap and baseplate together and thread the handle. Not surprised that James changed it though. Blade is locked tight in the new Guerrilla and no movement whatsoever.

The original does feel milder than the new.

The new Guerrilla is a smooth and comfortable daily shaver with minor blade feel (compared to the old version). Frankly after testing the new Guerrilla for the past few days, the end result and efficiency is very similar to the old razor I'm going to shave with the original tomorrow before saying which is closer. It's that close.

Personally I prefer the ergonomics and the balance of the original. And the finish. The stonewash finish is well done, I just prefer brushed razors overall.

If you are looking for a razor with high efficiency this isn't it IMO. Stick to the WR series. All my shaves have involved three passes.

View attachment 101470View attachment 101471
Great Write up
Thanks For Sharing

Final two shaves with the Guerrillas. It's still a fairly mild razor for me. Efficiency is neck and neck with the original SB. The new Guerrilla holds and supports the blade better though without the supersized latherslots. It's now supported equally from both sides. Not an issue for the OC of course and probably why I prefer the open comb over the solid bar. Plus it's more efficient naturally.

IMG_0649.jpg

It's a smooth and comfortable daily shaver but I can't get away with two passes.

Will get the Guerrilla cleaned up and ready for @LeeMaz tomorrow.

Thanks @Scorpio93 for running another Wolfman pass around! I'll be back for the WR4 edition ;)

Back
Top Bottom