Closed Pass Around Simpsons Synthetic Badger

What does "30-fold ....inactivation" mean, please? Is it good or bad compared to "kills stone dead"?

I hope we don't get any of the secretions that paper concerns itself with on our shaving brush!

Received safe and sound! I was surprised how much cream as gone but still loads left in there. Do love this handle will get a test drive tonight or tomorrow.

Prep: Proraso White
Cream: Simpsons
Brush: Simpsons M7 Synthetic
Razor: Weber DLC/Red Goliath XL

First time with the Simpsons cream, nice clean scent but it just confirms I don't get on with glycerin based creams.

My first go on a synthetic brush, lovely soft tips to the touch. Had more backbone than I expected, but in a very springy way? It was difficult to faces lather as it just creates a whole in the centre of the brush so all the lather is on the outside. It's better certainly to paint the lather on which it generates a lot of.

I will reserve final judgement till the next shave with a cream I know better.

I have some bad news chaps, after my first shave with the brush it has a cavity. I don't think I've caused it, it's only used with creams. I do face lather however not a masher and my other 4 brushes are fine. I've sent the photos to mark who would like me to send it to him to analyse.

Had my second shave with it today, I echo the other comments really. It whips up a lather like nobodies business (Dr Harris - Windsor) but for me it just doesn't have that soul. Very springy, which isn't always a bad thing but a more give would be nice. The handle is lovely but would love a bigger knot in it. As it was my first synthetic I found getting the water balance a little tricky so perhaps it's better suited to bowl lathering.

On closer inspection it doesn't appear as though the hairs are missing or broken just to one side. Very odd. I will try and upload some pictures here later.

Thanks for letting us know Matt.

It was always a trial brush so it's best it goes back to Mark so he can have a look at it.

I hope this set of brushes doesn't put him off in the quest for coming up with a synthetic brush.

Lose the beard said:
Thanks for letting us know Matt.

It was always a trial brush so it's best it goes back to Mark so he can have a look at it.

I hope this set of brushes doesn't put him off in the quest for coming up with a synthetic brush.

Indeed here is how it looks. I need some time to actually send it back:
[attachment=7190]
[attachment=7191]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367614015.265987.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367614015.265987.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 74
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367614028.762844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367614028.762844.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 70
Perhaps someone here should contact Mark and ask. Despite what happened to the first attempt, I still think there's enough interest in a Simpsons synthetic.

Didn't the Nook also have a few brushes to try, didn't read any reviews.

Just spotted this on twitter...
Synthetic Fibre Simpson Chubby 2 prototype - unbadged
BYTwIefCAAEPpQN.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom