Closed Pass Around - One Blade SE Razor

Hiya,

Whew, yet another razor being offered by the OP that has my attention. Yep, it's one I can't imagine how it feels or works for me and I'm probably not alone there so it's a great chance for the 'foreign' members.

The hits keep coming and thanks for offering this latest one up,

Martin (not in the pass around)

Last edited:
It takes Feather SE Blades which are are as sharp as f&^*k and which I shall include with the Pass Around....
Did the blades come with the razor, Martin? Which ones are they? Feather FHS, I assume?
I still have two carbon FAS blades left I might use for a laugh. Worst blades ever :eek:
On the other hand I had a wonderful shave today with a Valet Autostrop and a Feather FHS blade. Sharp, but not scary in the right razor. I'm looking forward to this OneBlade thingy.

Andreas, no I didn't elect to take the blade subscription. Instead I purchased the Feather FHS-10 Hi-Stainless from Connaught Shaving.

The One Blade certainly tames the FHS-10 alright, but there is a little bit of faffing about required to insert the blade into the head - you push the blade in and pull down so that the half-circle cut-outs in the blade lock with the retaining stubs in the razor head. Having said that, the shave from the One Blade is close with a capital 'F'...:D

SE junkies will love it!

The one thing I am interested in seeing is whether you can shave with pressure allowing for the head to tilt and adjust.
Yes, that's the only way to compress the spring in the pivot head. I've used the oneblade 5 times now and only just figured out (on the 5th shave) to put back-pressure on the head (which appears to lift the safety bar) to smooth the shave out. If you try to shave by angling the head like a DE razor, you'll be in for a rough ride.

Well the razor is certainly well made and is a quality piece of engineering , something that I have to admit I was skeptical of , me coming from an era where an item that was made in China or Hong Kong was often regarded as a cheap piece of tat , I think this razor exemplifies just how far gone those day's are .
The shave itself was magnificent , silky smooth and drama free . It still took me my usual four passe's to get the desired finish ,but, for a first shave I was highly delighted , more so as I have never really got on with the Feather blade's ,but, this razor I feel made a difference to them.
I did feel the razor could have gone a bit closer ,but, as I sit here almost 24 hour's later I debate the need for another shave (but I will !).
I have like I do with my razor's , removed the blade , something that I did not have a problem doing and was easy enough to do .
It I had a criticism it is not with the razor itself ,but , with the amount of glue on the blade's , bloomin nuisance .
So far it's all positive from me .

Well the razor is certainly well made and is a quality piece of engineering , something that I have to admit I was skeptical of , me coming from an era where an item that was made in China or Hong Kong was often regarded as a cheap piece of tat , I think this razor exemplifies just how far gone those day's are .
The shave itself was magnificent , silky smooth and drama free . It still took me my usual four passe's to get the desired finish ,but, for a first shave I was highly delighted , more so as I have never really got on with the Feather blade's ,but, this razor I feel made a difference to them.
I did feel the razor could have gone a bit closer ,but, as I sit here almost 24 hour's later I debate the need for another shave (but I will !).
I have like I do with my razor's , removed the blade , something that I did not have a problem doing and was easy enough to do .
It I had a criticism it is not with the razor itself ,but , with the amount of glue on the blade's , bloomin nuisance .
So far it's all positive from me .
I don't know what the script is with those overly sticky Feather blades...Its a strange one for sure..o_O

Billy

Well , I have had a few shave's now with this razor .
I have got to say that the razor itself is a great piece of kit , extremely well made , a lifetime guarantee , very well packaged ,almost foolproof to use , but a little too pricey for some and the fact that the razor was made to use one make of razor blade is highly detrimental to a lot of people .
And therein lie's the problem for me , the blade's .
I just can not get on with these blade's or indeed their double edged cousin's , such a pity , I so much wanted this razor to work for me , even if I only got one shave per blade as the manufacturer's suggested that would have been fine by me , but , within hour's after the shave I suffer from irritation on my neck , red blotches/rash .
I am not saying it is not my technique ,but , it only seem's to happen with the Feather's .
Anyway , I am very grateful to Martin for the lend of this razor , it is very much appreciated .
@p.b , Paul I have your address and will post the razor on to you in the next day or two , so you have it before the New Year .

I'll be watching this thread. What a great gent to offer up his razor to others like this. Also sounds like it isn't the first time. Well on ya mate!

Looking forward to getting several new opinions in a relatively short time thanks to this pass around. Enjoy your time with it boys.

I'll be watching this thread. What a great gent to offer up his razor to others like this. Also sounds like it isn't the first time. Well on ya mate!

Hi there,

Yeah, that guy has a habit of coming up with razors for test driving that even interest jaded old me. Constantly getting my attention with what I'm curious to try myself. Sheesh, it's the not knowing.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom