Deckchair Blue.....done
rowlers.....done
Ben88.......done
Whosthedaddy.......done
greyhounddad.......done
Burgundy
Dan552
Electrif

Thanks guys, for making things easy. I think this is current right now.

Ben88 said:
Whosthedaddy said:
The Fatboy is here!

Glad it arrived safely! Just so you know, it was thoroughly disinfected and cleaned prior to posting out so it is ready to shave with!

Cheers, already sorted out brush, blade and soap for tomorrow.

Lightweight little fella, think I'll be starting with it cranked to the max and go from there.

Whosthedaddy said:
In a way I'm hoping not to get on with as finding a paunchant for vintage Gillettes could get very expensive!

Well if you're looking for an adjustable there's only a few to choose from. The Slim and Super shave mostly the same and the Fatboy doesn't. This means you won't need to buy lots of different types. Might be a bit expensive at the beginning but the razor should last a long time.....years.

Many other versions are still reasonable like a Tech or New or superspeeds. Limeyland razors are a whole different ballgame though. Some of those can get expensive but are really purty lil thangs!

Anyway, let's see how this head design fits you,

Martin

First shave this morning, nice razor, nice shave when on 9 dropped it to mid way and felt a little too mild?

Feels good in the hand, nice middleweight feel but habdle could be a little longer?

Attachments

• IMG_20150329_134408_1.jpg
    IMG_20150329_134408_1.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 17
Whosthedaddy said:
Feels good in the hand, nice middleweight feel but handle could be a little longer?

I can understand the handle feeling a bit odd if you're used to a longer one. Might take 3-4 shaves to get comfortable and even then you might not care for the feel anyway. My druthers would be for a little longer handle because I choke up during the shave, but by now the length isn't something I ever think about as a problem after so many years.

If you get a chance, try a Feather blade on a lower than usual setting sometime. The Fatboy sometimes can really match up well with that sharp thing.

dodgy said:
Whosthedaddy said:
Feels good in the hand, nice middleweight feel but handle could be a little longer?

I can understand the handle feeling a bit odd if you're used to a longer one. Might take 3-4 shaves to get comfortable and even then you might not care for the feel anyway. My druthers would be for a little longer handle because I choke up during the shave, but by now the length isn't something I ever think about as a problem after so many years.

If you get a chance, try a Feather blade on a lower than usual setting sometime. The Fatboy sometimes can really match up well with that sharp thing.

I didn't have you down as the emotional type Martin. Probably best to have some tissues on hand next time you use the fatboy :p

dodgy said:
I choke up during the shave,

fly3k said:
I didn't have you down as the emotional type Martin.

Yep, sometimes the shave is so damn good I get a little verklempt (said in my best Mike Myers voice) and have to stop for a few seconds till I ain't so emotional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXEgBh0TF0

NotTheStig said:
:) tears as shaving oil?

If you're talking about Johnus then yes, tears would be the most logical lube. Shaving with an early Old Type loaded with a Derby, and with nothing wet on his face. Zero. He shaves dry like that. I think crying would be a natural reaction.

Back
Top Bottom