Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Well I'm next on the list, just wanted to say that I won't be around next week. 'er indoors and myself are off in the caravan for a few days, we will be back on the 24th June. Will drop 'balidey' a PM explaining what's happening.

Saying that how long do we hold and try the FB for?

A - W said:
Hi,

FB posted to balidey a few minutes ago.

Many thanks Martin for the opportunity to use a great razor.

Cheers

Adam

The pleasure was mine, Adam.

GOG said:
Saying that how long do we hold and try the FB for?

Hi there,

Well, it might take 3-4 different blades to really give it a proper review. What do you think.....10 days/2 weeks sound about right? That's figuring it not being used every day.

Martin

I hope your vacation's working out well.

Hiya,

Ok then, the line for this mystical ride is pretty short. With only a few members ahead of you New DE shavers, this is a golden opportunity to shave with THE best double edge razor ever created by any company! Yes, cut out the horrible search for a perfect razor, and just try the Fatboy. Save countless hundreds of dollars and hours.....amaze your friends!

Tickets ready to hand out,

Martin

Hi - can I also tag on the end of the line please?

All I hear is good things, and I'm getting itchy eBay fingers so I'd like to try it out first!

Thanks

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Might as well start another list:

A-W.......has it now
balidey......done
GOG (hr)
mattyb240........done
monkfish
dodgy_d
Woodacre1983

Ok matty and monkfish....sounds good. Very smart of youse guys.

monkfiish said:
Hi - can I also tag on the end of the line please?

All I hear is good things, and I'm getting itchy eBay fingers so I'd like to try it out first!

Thanks
You - go and keep my car seat warm.
Excuse me love, I realise this must be a very distressing time for you, so put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea!

A - W said:
[ A-W..........done
balidey
GOG (hr)
mattyb240
monkfish

Ok matty and monkfish....sounds good. Very smart of youse guys.

[/quote]

Hi Martin,

Balidey has it now.

Cheers

Adam
[/quote]

Thanks Adam

Hi,

Am I too late to join the queue? I've been thinking about getting a fatboy for months now and would love to try before I buy. I recently bought a slim, which I love, and have a flare tip and super adjustable but have heard the fatboy is the best.

Thanks

NNathwani said:
Hi,

Am I too late to join the queue? I've been thinking about getting a fatboy for months now and would love to try before I buy. I recently bought a slim, which I love, and have a flare tip and super adjustable but have heard the fatboy is the best.

Thanks

Done deal......now on board.

Hi guys, the Fat Boy arrived at my door this morning, is now already sitting by my razors in the bathroom ready for tomorrow mornings shave.

Looking forward to using it for a few days, and compare it with the Slim I use.

Will get in touch with Mattyb24 when I'm ready to pass it on. Thanks for making this available Martin.

Having posted off the Fat Boy this morning, I though I better put down my feelings on this razor.

Never handled a FB before, only ever saw them online. First impressions, really like the weight, do wish the handle was just that little bit longer though. It's surprising what a difference that little extra on the Slim handle makes.

Started off with a Derby, didn't even finish the first pass. Changed the setting 2 - 3 - 4 and it felt like a scraper all the way. Changed to a Persona and finished the shave on a 4 setting. Still felt a little rough to me though.

2nd day Proraso pre, good face lather with Prof .B's soap and off I went with the Persona on the 4 setting, felt quite good, and I do like the heavier thicker handle.

3rd day much the same still using the Persona, but with MWF this time, and still using the Proraso pre.

My usual razors are a EJ and Slim set on 3 using 7 o'clock greens & yellows. I use Proraso green pre cream every day, and alternate daily either MWF or Prof. B's soaps..

Day 4, I fitted it out with a Feather on 3, small nick. Moved back to 2, still getting small nicks. Probably my technique, but to be honest I have never really got on with Feathers at all. Far too sharp for me.

Had a day off to let the small nicks settled down, and on day 6 I fitted my trusty 7 o'clock green. What a change, moved up to 4 and finished a really enjoyable shave.

Day 7, I always find that the first shave using these 7 o'clock blades is just about say 95%, then the following 2 to 5 days are always a 105%. For me anyway.

And so I continued for a few days, also using a 7 o'clock yellow. The last few days I alternated with my Slim using similar blades, and I find that there is not really that much to choose between them as shaving machines. I like the slightly longer length on the Slim, and the thickness of the FB handles. I don't know why but I only get to 3 on my Slim, yet managed to get to 5 on the FB and was comfortable. (Maybe the more knowledgeable among us can tell me if the blade gap settings on these individual razors are different.)

It was certainly worth having the razor here for a few days, and want to thank Martin for giving me the chance to use it. Thanks mate! I owe you! Would I buy one to use, Yes. but only at the right price. I wouldn't get too carried away about it as I only keep razors which I use, and as I found that to me it was as good as my Slim as a user, so I would be quite happy to wait until the right one came along.

Phew! Can't remember that last time I wrote so much, my fingers are sore! :icon_wink:

Back
Top Bottom