Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Drroly said:
The Fatboy will be leaving me and making it's way to Shavecraft. It definately suits some blades more than others, and although I didn't get of to a good start, I'm starting to like the FB.

I think part of it is I'm not used to such a mild razor. Even on 9 I would still call it mild. Also, it took me a while to find the right angle. However, once I sorted out technique and blade match, the FB guarantees a fantastically irritation free shave. Don't know exactly why, but there is a certain pleasure in shaving with the FB.

I

Yeah, it's not for everyone and it's very possible you'll be one of those that prefers the flatter head of the Super or Slim instead. Heh, I should be surprised at your thoughts of how the Fatboy shaves on #9, but nothing much surprises me anymore with this goofy 'hobby'.

Thanks for the post,

Martin

Well, 2 shaves into my stint with this iconic razor and, yup, think I'm going to have to request 1 as my birthday present from the missus. Used with a 7 o'clock yellow and green so far. Smooth and comfortable. Hope I'm not tempting fate but I think I'd have to try darn hard to do myself any damage with it. Who's up next? KrisH? If whomever it is PM's me the postage address I'll send it on early next week.

Thanks for the loan Martin.

The Fatboy will be on its way to KrisH tomorrow. Tried it with a Yellow, Green and Feather. Nice shaves with all, my preference was with the Yellow.

OK well I've had this for just under a week and have enjoyed every shave with it.

It really does seem to like Feather blades and seems very forgiving ... I can see one of these in my future as well .... did they make them in 1969? if so, what date code should I be looking for ?

KrisH said:
OK well I've had this for just under a week and have enjoyed every shave with it.

It really does seem to like Feather blades and seems very forgiving ... I can see one of these in my future as well .... did they make them in 1969? if so, what date code should I be looking for ?

Hi Kris,

I think the Fatboy was only made until 1961, but 1969 (date code is O) was a good year for Super Adjustables (Black Beauty). If I'm not mistaken, that year had the silver colored one being offered (both long and short handle versions), as well as a smaller run of some long handle models with gold plated heads.

The Super is also a nice shaver, but more along the lines of a Slim performance wise.

Martin

KrisH said:
and the Fat Boy is on its way to AW

Thanks for the update Kris,

Looks like A-W will be the final stop as it stands now. I'm not sure if the razor will be going to Boab if there's no other takers. Heh, I don't know if he cares to get into one more thing to deal with, but who knows.

I'm glad the Fatboy was to your liking,

Martin

balidey said:
Hi guys,
If its not too late could I be added to the pass round list?
As recommended by dodgy, it would be nice to compare and contrast with my slim.

Pretty good timing.....looks like you're up next then.

Yeah, think of it as a scientific experiment. Kinda like being Madame Curie's husband.

Hi guys, I realise I may be too late, but if not, can I add my name to the list for a go at the FB. I have a couple of 'slims' one of which I use on a regular basis along side my EJ89, but I keep watching the FB's on t'bay so this would be a good chance for me to try one out and maybe get the monkey off my back. Or push me into actually bidding on t'bay for one.

Thanks for that Martin, will await my turn with the FB to see how it goes. Reckon I may take your advice about asking on the forum instead of ebay, if I like it. Although I must admit my preference is for the more heavy DE razor so I don't get on too well with some of the Tech's, far too light for my liking. The weights of the 'slims', EJ89, and a rocket that I have make them my favorite playthings at this time.

Back
Top Bottom