PAS Time...

Never tried it but might be tempted.

Is the 'cooling' you get from Prorasso comparable to say Ingrams cream and Aqua Velva aftershave?

Dunno, never tried AV but from what I remember of Ingram's cream I'd say the cooling is comparable.

Just to make sure I will have an Ingram's shave tonight followed by rasso for a double menthol blast.

Proraso AS is cooling, but not in the same leave as Aqua Velva. It has a lovely fresh scent. The cream and soap are by far the most cooling i have used, followed by Omega.

Broke out the Proraso cream this very morning. Not sure that it's a cooling as Ingram, but it's very close. It was really quite pleasant being woken up by it this morning.

I do have a bottle of the a/s, but didn't use it. Menthol in a/s splashes feels more like burning than cooling, so I don't often partake.

Does the Proraso balm (not the pre-post) have menthol in it?

Ian

joe mcclaine said:

Is the 'cooling' you get from Prorasso comparable to say Ingrams cream and Aqua Velva aftershave?

Send a pm vinny and I’ll get a sample up to you. It is a nice cream with a fairly nice menthol kick.

Aqua Velva is more cooling than Proraso however Proraso would have the milder scent for days like today. It's on days like today that one shower isn't enough.

hunnymonster said:
Jesus, I've just got back from a 20km thrash on the pushbike - it's "only" 19C out there, but the sun is cracking the space where the pavements would be if it was a built-up area.

Off for a cold shower now.

Make that 45km off road and 24 degrees down here, it was scorching.

Though the ride home was a slog. I was talking at a mates house, so spent a little too long there.

Roll on sundays ride. :mrgreen:

RB73 said:
joe mcclaine said:

Send a pm vinny and I’ll get a sample up to you. It is a nice cream with a fairly nice menthol kick.

That's a very generous offer, PM sent.

I have both and the AV is more cooling but both are great in this weather. I broke out the La Toja AS today, it has a nice summery scent and is quite nice on your skin.

Do you find you have a winter and a summer set of shaving creams and AS and colognes? I definitely find my tastes change toward the summer, living in Scotland it can got from 20 degrees one day and 10 the next and I even notice it on these days, the colder ones I wear more deep scents and the warm days it is the more flowery or lighter smells, I wonder why this is? I mean why not the deep scents in the summer? is it the feeling of coolness from the lighter scents?

Strange but true.

Back
Top Bottom