Palmolive Cream in the UK

rum said:
Thanks guys. Looks like if it is still in stock in some parts, it's probably just a stock shortage down here rather than anything else. I'll leave it for now and if they have nothing in stores down here in say two weeks, I might just take you up on your generous offers. Thanks again.

Probably someone goofed up the stocking.

Futur shaver said:
Never tried the cream,
Tell me what's it like, "Honest opinions only please"
Regards
kev.

I've been wetshaving for several years, and have tried dozens of soaps and creams. Though I've only used a few creams that I dislike, until I discovered Palmolive I only used Prorasso, Musgo Real and TOBS. Palmolive is every bit as good as those. It lathers easily with both floppy Silvertip badger brushes (of all sizes) and with a stiffer Best badger brush. I've used it for face and bowl lathering, and it's never failed to quickly produce a tremendous amount of soft workable lather.

I recommend it without hesitation at whatever price you're lucky enough to find. I just picked up two tubes for £1.30 each at the local SuperDrug.

NotTheStig said:
I see an experiment coming on! Be sure (whoever does it) to post pics!

I might even do it myself if I remember!

I've tried it a couple of times - the lather is good, but, because the cream and soap stick have different scents, the resulting aroma is a bit weird.

NotTheStig said:

Unfortunately i don't have the cream yet, but lets hope somebody will give it a wirl
Maybe somebody could do a a video if possible:))

chrisbell said:
NotTheStig said:

I've tried it a couple of times - the lather is good, but, because the cream and soap stick have different scents, the resulting aroma is a bit weird.

I've done the same as well. I've grated 3 soap sticks in to a tub and added the cream to that before loading.

Bit of a waste of time as both products in their own right are excellent and a great value for money.

Back
Top Bottom