Ostracised from CONUK

tk6

I’m fairly quiet on these forums though do enjoy reading them fairly regularly especially the more jovial or political stuff on the UK forum.

I didn’t log on last week for a couple of days so missed all the excitement on CONUK though have managed to piece together a rough idea of what actually happened.

Went to check CONUK this morning only to find that I am apparently no longer a member so unable to access the forum. My B&B membership still works so am a little confused as to why I’ve been removed from CONUK.

Guess it doesn’t really matter though for whatever reasons I too am now a persona non grata over on CONUK. Glad to be onboard here and glad it seems to be taking off so quickly!

Jamie

welcome Jamie

It seems you are in the same boat as a few others, looks like the had a random pruning of the CONUK membership.No idea why but you are very welcome here.

I queried why I had been removed from CONUK and here is the reply:

"The user groups are for active members of B&B, not as a replacement for the B&B, anyone with less than 25 posts was pulled from the group.
If you can plan on participating in the B&B and the CONUK then I will send you an invite.
This action was not directed at you personally.

Jim"

Am sure others who had more than 25 posts were also pulled?

Guess I'll just have to lurk here from now on :D

Ollie for one had more than 25, I didn't, would have been 'gentlemanly' for them to give a reason for it.The crux of the matter is that the CONUK group was too active with people wanting to post there rather than have UK specific threads swamped by the main board activity.Don't know why it rankled the mods so much as their site was still getting traffic and as a resource it proved more useful to us.

That is quite disturbing, not they fact that they did it but they jnow who they are taking off so surely it is only polite to sedn the person a PM to tell them, I mean it's their board so they do not have to ask but I am saddened by the recent events.

I just checked and I still have access, seems there are 80 members left and I will continue to post now and again but it is quiet and just not the same without the banter.

Weird, my user control panel at B&B says I've got a invite pending to join CONUK. Still can't get in there, though.

I was just ejected and I've got lots of posts to my name.

????

Snap!

I didn't think I'd done anything particularly bad although I did abstractly mention a banned vendor once and I did comment on an ebay listing for a Gillette Rocket in reply to a listing mentioned by antdad. Maybe that's it.
Bugger. I never really thought of myself as a rebel.
Oh, will I get banned from this forum now for using profane language?
FWIW, the word b****r is in common parlance in these parts...

Paul

tk6 said:
I’m fairly quiet on these forums though do enjoy reading them fairly regularly especially the more jovial or political stuff on the UK forum.

I didn’t log on last week for a couple of days so missed all the excitement on CONUK though have managed to piece together a rough idea of what actually happened.

Went to check CONUK this morning only to find that I am apparently no longer a member so unable to access the forum. My B&B membership still works so am a little confused as to why I’ve been removed from CONUK.

Guess it doesn’t really matter though for whatever reasons I too am now a persona non grata over on CONUK. Glad to be onboard here and glad it seems to be taking off so quickly!

Jamie

mmmmmm.

My profile said 25 posts. OK, not a lot but it did seem a little unfair to pull my membership without notice. I e-mailed Jim and if I'm a good boy and promise to post on the main board I might get an invite.

Interestingly they didn't pull my membership of the "Futur Users United" group but then they only have 29 members and a total of 6 discussions going.....

Back
Top Bottom