on becoming a chap

Mawkery....such a good word

monocle added to list

Thank you for sharing some truths regarding 'chaps'. It is always better to gain insight 'from the horse's mouth' as it were. Well, I am resigned to drift towards/away from becoming a chap as fate see's fit. I agree with posters who said things along the lines of 'if you try, you never will be'. Toodles.

pugh-the-special-one said:
the pefect role model for any aspiring chap would obviously be John Steed from the Avengers, he's surely the Daddy of all Chaps.

Jamie.

Spookily enough, the current Peter Christian "Tailoring & Couture Collection" (sic) has just arrived with me. & lo & behold it is dedicated to a "Tweed & Mrs. Peel Collection". Complete with photographic homage to the iconic chappie.
So here, at last, is one supplier's guide to all essentials for an aspiring chap.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Don't forget about gout, most seious chaps suffer from gout.

Kevin

I am by no means an expert on savoir faire for chaps, but respectfully suggest the following accouterments:

- A collar stud
- A hip flask
- Sock suspenders

joe mcclaine said:
I know someone who fits that description. He's not what I'd call a chap though.

Don't really imagine you with that stereotypical languid air of, "can't really be ars.d" I always vaguely associate with the public school air of, "I'm not really trying, just naturally gifted" which a "chap" has in my mind Vinny.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz: