Omega Pro 49

I made a solution of prepost and soaked the brush in it overnight.. A teaspoon to a cup of hot water was about what I used. the brush was immersed in the solution but not right up to the knot.

it didnt get rid of the smell completely, but it certainly dampened it down a great deal.

I bought a few of these Pro 49s (along with some Cella in wooden bowls) to give out as Christmas presents for my clients. There was one left over so I saved it in case it would do as a present for someone else. It has taken a couple of months but I have now given in and tried my Pro 49.

Well I'm very impressed. On first outing it appears to be a (much!) larger version of my Semogue 1305. I'm not sure about the big shiny plastic handle yet but it certainly can whip up a lot of lather in moments. The biggest downside is something that everyone else appears to have discovered. IT STINKS!!! I'm not sure exactly how to describe the scent but it smells incredibly musty and reminds me strongly of visiting elderly relatives as a child. I have stuck it in a cup of Proraso solution. I PIF'd my Proraso recently but luckily I'd reserved a bit for situations like this. I'm now wondering whether the solution is concentrated enough!!

Anyway, I'm sure the stench will dissipate in time and once it has it will make a fine brush. Well worth a try for those who like their brushes on the larger side. It's a very reasonable price. Sadly can't comment on how it face-lathers at this point as that would have involved putting the thing close to my nose!! :D

I just test lathered mine several times. It fades.

Awesome brush for the money, and very, very soft. I found it too soft and floppy for my taste. The 10005 is shorter lofted and stiffer, with the same soft tips, which is why I love mine so much!

John

My 20102 was a total mother to break. Just couldn't get rid of the funk.

Soaked it overnight in some proraso pre/post with hot water amd left it for 24 hours. Smell seems to be gone now and it is one beast of a brush.

Pig Cat said:
I bought a few of these Pro 49s (along with some Cella in wooden bowls) to give out as Christmas presents for my clients.

The biggest downside is something that everyone else appears to have discovered. IT STINKS!!!

:eek: You gave your clients honking hog brushes? Are they still your clients?

Naked Ape said:
Pig Cat said:
I bought a few of these Pro 49s (along with some Cella in wooden bowls) to give out as Christmas presents for my clients.

The biggest downside is something that everyone else appears to have discovered. IT STINKS!!!

:eek: You gave your clients honking hog brushes? Are they still your clients?

:lol: Yes somehow incredibly they are!! Either I am incredible at my job or they chucked their presents in the bin without trying them. Er.... :?

OK so I've used this brush a few times now. The smell has gone :p and it works very nicely. I have concluded though that it's just too big for me and I prefer more compact brushes. Think I'll try and trade it as hopefully it will suit someone else...

Back
Top Bottom