Omega Pro 49

Well, during a search for Proraso soap, I discovered this little barbers:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chiselchin.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chiselchin.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

To my surprise, they are a short walk from my flat! So off I went and came back with some more Proraso soap, and some Pre/Post.

I also bought an Omega Pro 49.

This brush is a little shorter than the 48 - 60mm loft instead of 65mm, and is a bit easier to manage. I still find it a little large for me though.

However - those of you lusting after the Semogue LE 2009 which is no longer available could do far worse than buy this brush for a third of the price.

The knot is slightly smaller, and it's not quite as dense, but boy are those hairs soft - and it's not even broken in yet! I would even go as far to say they are slightly softer than the Semogue - and FAR softer than my 1520, which I find rather prickly.

It whips up crazy lather. If you can get past the stink when new, and the cheap plastic handle, it's a winner!

John

These are great lather machines, great flow thru & soft. Alot floppier and not as dense as the Semogue 2009 LE.

The 1520/620 is in a different league. The closest Semogue likeness would be the 2000.

This looks interesting <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-71278--barberia-italiana-commemorative-boar--limited-ed71278.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-7 ... 71278.html</a><!-- m -->

I use this brush in rotation with the LE2009. It smells a bit 'pokey' when first wet. I soaked it in a solution of pre/post over night and a couple of shampoos helped with the smell ( advice from someone else on the forums posted elsewhere I recall!)

John,

Nice to have that on your doorstep. next time you are there, if you dont mind, ask them why we shouldnt eat before a shave ? why does it make the skin sensitive..?

Its posted in their shaving tips, and commented on elsewhere in these forums.
I am sure I am not the only one interested in an answer to that question.

Apologies if the answer to that has been already posted.

So many posts to read.. so little time :lol:

Hi Guys,

Just checked with Chiselchin and saw that there was this 250 ml Proraso tub, but currentlly out of stock. Has anyone ever seen these or bought these?

I'd like to know more about it.

Thanks,

Eric

JaseB said:
John,

Nice to have that on your doorstep. next time you are there, if you dont mind, ask them why we shouldnt eat before a shave ? why does it make the skin sensitive..?

Good idea

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1772</a><!-- l -->

That "discovery" is one hell of a coincidence a few days after this post. :roll:

Andy or Jase how much pre/post did you put in your solution?

I've washed my 20102 with shampoo about 5 times and its still honking which is putting me off using it.

Was it a ration of about a teaspoon to a mug of hot water?

Andy

I washed mine several times with the strongest smelling shampoo I could find (it was something seriously mentholated by Original Source, can't remember just what). If I was confronted with another brush as malodorous as the 49 again, I think I'd massage neat Proraso Pre/Post into it, leave it (outside!) overnight, then stick it unrinsed in a cup of water to steep for a while. And then repeat until it was house trained. When I received my Semogue LE I was half expecting to have to go through this rigmarole again, but it was nearly odour free; my Kent BK4 honked, but it didn't come close to the Omega.

Thanks Andy,

My Semogue was a piece of cake, One steep to get the dye run out of it and a couple of shaves with Tabac and its the business.

So I should massage neat pre post into it? That means my pre/post will be use for something finally.

:lol:
I'm not saying it's a good idea, but it is what I'd do. One thing about Proraso: if you put some on your face before shaving and add a hot flannel, it provides one of the weirdest sensory experiences available from a legal substance.

Well its not coated in pre post and I'll be sure to let you know how it ends up.

I might try that with the pre post and a hot towel I dont find it to be very good post shave.

andyjreid said:
Well its not coated in pre post and I'll be sure to let you know how it ends up.

I might try that with the pre post and a hot towel I dont find it to be very good post shave.

I was thinking the same about the pre/post. I've read that it's not that great as a pre but much better as a post.

I tend to think it's no good at either - sure it smells nice and I enjoy the menthol and the tingle, BUT - does it really DO anything post shave? I can't help thinking that's it's not really doing that much. Maybe a bit of moisturisation. The odd bit of redness on one side of my neck faded after an hour or so, but I'm sure it would have gone by itself had I not applied any pre/post!

I wonder if the balm/splash are better?

Back
Top Bottom