Off To London Tomorrow

I am going to be heading up to london tomorrow to do some Xmas shopping, whilst i am there i am going to be going to Jermyn Street (of Course............well it would be rude not too :oops: ) couple of questions, i am getting a Main Line Train from Shepperton to Waterloo then Tube to Picadilly Circus, then Walk to Jermyn, is that the correct way or is there another route, has anyone driven there (if there is parking near by) i will drive there.

And also the shops i want to visit will be the three T's, Czech & Speake, etc, any others i should be looking out for......or any other good shaving related shops in london...?

Steve

If you’re only going to be a few hours you can park on meter off of Pall Mall, Waterloo Place by the Athenaeum Club (by invitation only in that one fella), or around St Jame’s Square Gardens. Both within 2 minutes walk. Don’t go anywhere near a NCP car park, absolute rip off.

Once you’ve smashed St James and Jermyn Street head over to Regent Street and pop into Penhaligon’s, Crabtree & Evelyn and L’Ocittane.

Happy shopping fella.

Sorry for being about to come over all provincial, but erm.... don't you live in London - sorry Laahndaahn? I always envision you and Antdad with Gor-blimey trousers (no I don't know either - ask Lonnie Donnegan) and talking like Dick Van Dyke as you push Barrows :?

Just for your info as a non-native living in the West Midlands, yes there is a language barrier, yes it is a hole in the ground covered by tarpaulin and for entertainment - we watch clouds!

moodymick said:
Sorry for being about to come over all provincial, but erm.... don't you live in London - sorry Laahndaahn? I always envision you and Antdad with Gor-blimey trousers (no I don't know either - ask Lonnie Donnegan) and talking like Dick Van Dyke as you push Barrows :?

Just for your info as a non-native living in the West Midlands, yes there is a language barrier, yes it is a hole in the ground covered by tarpaulin and for entertainment - we watch clouds!

yeah and when me and me old china Antdad go down the rub-a-dub we look like this :

London20Pride201.jpg

I live in Sunbury which is in the Surrey borough of Spelthorne 17 Miles from Central London, not too far away but far enough that you couldn't really think of me as a cockney geezer, right i'm frank bough as i gotta take me pot and pan down the lollipop :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8[/youtube]

hunnymonster said:
Coincidentally I'm going to be in Shepperton tomorrow, you won't recognise me because I'll be wearing an SAS mask and near Steve's house whilst he's out :lol: :lol: :lol:

I won't be there but Arnie will, be careful not to wake him up otherwise he gets angry ;) if you have fingers left, try tickling his belly, he likes that ! :D
5722x18_1.jpg

hunnymonster said:
Coincidentally I'm going to be in Shepperton tomorrow, you won't recognise me because I'll be wearing an SAS mask and near Steve's house whilst he's out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me and James_uk were also planning a raid, we could be allies, a "coalition of the willing", if you like.. or "axis of evil" depending on who's side you're on... :lol: :lol:

We've already had a a quick look through the "prized razor" post, I'm having a toggle and a Aristo, there's at least 2 more Aristo's and a Feather Stainless to be had... :D

PM me for logistics :D

Max

FrenchBlade said:
hunnymonster said:
Me and James_uk were also planning a raid, we could be allies, a "coalition of the willing", if you like.. or "axis of evil" depending on who's side you're on... :lol: :lol:

We've already had a a quick look through the "prized razor" post, I'm having a toggle and a Aristo, there's at least 2 more Aristo's and a Feather Stainless to be had... :D

Max
Can i be in on this his blade stash will do me :hungrig

FrenchBlade said:
hunnymonster said:

Max

we don't wanna destroy his shaving career so lets leave him a shavestick and a tech :lol:

Well i went into Trufitt, Taylors & Trumpers, got samples and a nice chat in taylors, got a nice chat in GFT, and got nothing in Trufitt
apart from a hello.

all these shops look amazing, just have visions of gents going into these shops a hundred years ago...... :D

also had a mooch around london and i was blown away by the prices in penhalligons and czech & speake :eek: :shock:

i went into Kingston on my way back from london, went into Crabtree and got a Sienna and Nomad shave soap, was going to get the West indian limes in there, it's quite nice, i also sprayed some Sienna Aftershave onto a tester strip, wasn't blown away by it, got back to shepperton
on the train about an hour later, whilst looking in my pocket for the train ticket i found the tester strip, took a sniff and...............wow, now i really like Sienna AS, will be getting that and some Limes from Crabtree on my christmas "Want" list... ;)

Back
Top Bottom