Nose hair removal

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
This post may interest some of you, those who have nostril hair anyway!
Over the years I've tried electric trimers, manual trimmers, scissors and tweezers, all of which worked fairly well but not perfectly and sometimes quite painful!
Today I used a wax treatment specifically for nose hair and it was quick, painless and above all worked perfectly, pulling the hairs out including the roots!
I brought my kit from Amazon for £7.99 and it contains enough wax and everything else needed for up to 20 treatments. (Available elsewhere also)
No more looking like a walrus and no more painful plucking!
If you take the time for a perfect shave then why not tackle those nose hairs too!
It would also work for the removal of ear hair that some of us older men have to deal with! :)

Paul.

This post may interest some of you, those who have nostril hair anyway!
Over the years I've tried electric trimers, manual trimmers, scissors and tweezers, all of which worked fairly well but not perfectly and sometimes quite painful!
Today I used a wax treatment specifically for nose hair and it was quick, painless and above all worked perfectly, pulling the hairs out including the roots!
I brought my kit from Amazon for £7.99 and it contains enough wax and everything else needed for up to 20 treatments. (Available elsewhere also)
No more looking like a walrus and no more painful plucking!
If you take the time for a perfect shave then why not tackle those nose hairs too!
It would also work for the removal of ear hair that some of us older men have to deal with! :)

Paul.

This summer after I shaved off my massive beard, I noticed how incredibly long my nose hair had grown. They were like tentacles growing from my face.

Cheers Paul, I have added it to my Amazon Basket. I can't be bothered to wax my nasal hairs, but my ears are hairy filthy little buggers, I find it tricky trimming them.

This summer after I shaved off my massive beard, I noticed how incredibly long my nose hair had grown. They were like tentacles growing from my face.

Cheers Paul, I have added it to my Amazon Basket. I can't be bothered to wax my nasal hairs, but my ears are hairy filthy little buggers, I find it tricky trimming them.
You are welcome Shubs, fortunately I don't have a need for ear hair removal but my nostril hair was a constant pain to try to remove properly until now! :)

Paul.

I've tried the wax and it works great.
Problem is you have no defence against anything from pollution to a small things going up your nose so I decided to just trim and tidy nose hair.
But if it bothers you and your happy to count to 3 and yank it out, a wax kit is definitely the way to go.

As for ear hair my mate goes to barber that burns off with some kind of flame.

Since I've grown older, I have noticed that the hair in my ears and nostrils grows at an alarming rate, particularly my ear hair. Luckily for me, I have a very discreet and observant barber, who kindly trims my ear hair, usually without me asking him to do it. He gives it a trim whenever I get my hair cut now, so I think he realises the necessity of it, lol.

As far as my nose hair is concerned...that is a different matter entirely. I have never felt the need to trim or pluck that, even when it starts to tickle, which it often does, lol. I am aware that plucking it could be quite unpleasant or painful, so I wisely leave it well alone, lol. That is one road that I have no intention of venturing down. I will pluck it if, and only if the need to do it should ever arise, lol.

Not that anyone asked.
If you buy battery one like I did from tesco

This is the nose hair cutter and works OK.

However

Never read instructions and shoved eyebrow attachment up my nose as you do if a little simple, see below picture.
"I say, some people are as sharp as a bowling ball"

Won't be using that again. How was to know :D

Can't remember what I paid? £7.50 I think

At least I didn't force the eyebrow cutter attachment up my nose!

Not that anyone asked.
If you buy battery one like I did from tesco

This is the nose hair cutter and works OK.

However

Never read instructions and shoved eyebrow attachment up my nose as you do if a little simple, see below picture.
"I say, some people are as sharp as a bowling ball"

Won't be using that again. How was to know :D

Can't remember what I paid? £7.50 I think
I think wax would be a safer bet for you! :) I've used that type before and as you rightly said, it's ok but if you want perfection wax is the way to go, YMMV :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom