No daft threads

hunnymonster said:
It's taken you a while to notice - it's been going since July :lol:

I actually like the Shave of the Day, not just because I post in it, but because it gives quite a neat way of seeing any slightly unusual products in use (and if the poster keeps using it, it can't be bad can it?) - without it, I'd never have found Gillette Super Thins and that would be a big miss in my shaving life.

SWMBO is something I've used way longer than any shaving forum has existed - I think it's possibly a Hancock term (or at least from that era).
My first experience of the term was of hearing it on Rumpole of the Bailey (late 70s to late 80s). Damn merkins pinched it from us

Millay said:
As long as we dont get people posting pictures of there favourite razor with there favourite gun im not going to complain.

Well then I just won't bother with the artfully arranged snap I just took of my Jagger Chatsworth and Spudmatic.

Flatfish said:
Can we bannish such threads along the the American acronyms?
PIF, SWMBO, YMMV.

I didn't know what SWMBO was short for before using this forum - now I can casually use the acronym I prefer with ease; HWMOM.

I guess it's a gender thing.....

On acronyms: the only one which really bothers me is YMMV, because what it expresses is self evident,
On Shave of the Day: I gave up posting regularly to save everybody else the boredom of seeing that nothing much had changed, but it's a good place for short comments, and it's always worth a look to see if Leon has posted one of his still lifes.

soapalchemist said:
Flatfish said:
Can we bannish such threads along the the American acronyms?
PIF, SWMBO, YMMV.

I didn't know what SWMBO was short for before using this forum - now I can casually use the acronym I prefer with ease; HWMOM.

:D

I like Terry Wogan's 'the present Mrs Wogan', so perhaps my acronym should be TPMPC?

Back
Top Bottom