No daft threads

Something which rather annoys me on other sites are threads which are sort of games. Eg "the person below me" thread on TSD, or music tag. I'm also not a big fan of shave of the day which I've noticed has started here. What is the point of listing the products that we used today. Lets stick to decent information.
Can we bannish such threads along the the American acronyms?
PIF, SWMBO, YMMV.

It's taken you a while to notice - it's been going since July :lol:

I actually like the Shave of the Day, not just because I post in it, but because it gives quite a neat way of seeing any slightly unusual products in use (and if the poster keeps using it, it can't be bad can it?) - without it, I'd never have found Gillette Super Thins and that would be a big miss in my shaving life.

SWMBO is something I've used way longer than any shaving forum has existed - I think it's possibly a Hancock term (or at least from that era).

PIF is alright, although YM...err...in my opinion. Easier to say than 'I'll send it to you as a freebie". Not really bothered that much by the other two. What do y'all think?

Although it is interesting to see what other people use for their daily shave, I think it is even better to have additional comments which highlight something special like a particular delight or problem experienced.

As to the rest, I'm not keen on acronyms, but once you get to know them they do save a little effort. I'm a great believer in individual liberty. If individuals or a few enjoy doing something which doesn't appeal to me but causes me no problems I have no wish to stop them. I might mutter to myself, but that's as far as it goes. This really is a great site. It will evolve its own culture and change when people get used to each other's whims and preferences.

I think there are always going to bethreads that annoy us but then other people might get a whole load of fun from them.

I just ignore the threads of little interest to me.

SWMBO is definatly an english creation. I hate PIF just coz its sounds to american for my liking, but apart from a light tut under my breath it doesnt really affect me.

As long as we dont get people posting pictures of there favourite razor with there favourite gun im not going to complain.

As Hunnymoster said some people do find the shave of the day thread provides decent information.There has been acronym discussions before and people can use them if they wish,there are no rules here apart from be respectful and have some fun!
If you don't see value in such threads then don't use them, there is a 'mark all topics read' link at the top of each page so you can skip things like shave of the day.I personally don't post much in shave of the day but I do notice some people also mark down how many times they have used a blade.It may be useful for them to keep track.HFC (horses for courses, sorry couldn't resist :D)

It's a bit like television, if you're not interested in what's on, pick another channel. In other words, just read the threads that interest you and ignore the rest.

Ian

When it comes to SOTD I'm a voyeur as I just like to see what members have been using and what works for them even though I don't post there that often.

It's not what flatfish mean't but what would I do if I couldn't post something daft like " If I put 3 blades in my D.E razor can I reduce the number of passes"

I also don't like the reader's wife's section because I become jealous...Can mods ban the ugly ones?

Yo dudes, I gotta say I just don't dig some of the ant-eye American sentiments I'm hearin' here. Who gives a frickin' crap 'bout PIFs, pucks or MILFs? Really makes me wanna reach for my Penhaliguns, dagnabit. Filo hit a home run with his comment 'bout individual liberty - if you don't agree with that you might as well sign up for the Taliban (let's see how far your Gillettes'll getcha with those bearded jerks!). Peace out. ;)

i don't mind the SOTD section if like stated before there's a mini-review after it of say a soap, cream, aftershave etc that i haven't tried and am curious about.

Naked Ape said:
Yo dudes, I gotta say I just don't dig some of the ant-eye American sentiments I'm hearin' here. Who gives a frickin' crap 'bout PIFs, pucks or MILFs? Really makes me wanna reach for my Penhaliguns, dagnabit. Filo hit a home run with his comment 'bout individual liberty - if you don't agree with that you might as well sign up for the Taliban (let's see how far your Gillettes'll getcha with those bearded jerks!). Peace out. ;)

Naked Ape you have given me the best laugh in ages; spot on mate

Cheers Rousey

Nice one Nape!! :lol:

There are quite a few areas of TSD I rarely look at e.g. Razors or blades. I too think the SOTD section is really only of use to others if a short comment or story is added afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom