Nikon d3100 starter help

Well boab I will show you two portraits that have taken awards, and I have many more equally as good if not better, even though I always classed myself as a painter more than a photographer the latter as taken over and replaced the paint brush and canvas, I have exhibited at local and regional level, also suppling photo's for the local libaries and many smaller exhibits, plus historical web sites such as oldmerthyrtydfil.com I mostly work with natural light and my subject matter is wide and varied.

Regards Jamie.

amos3.jpg

GwynDavies.jpg

Annie.jpg

MotherandChildParisstreet.jpg

My name is Jamie Mahoney and I live and work in Merthyr Tydfil, and also the town where I was born and grew up. I attended Cyfarthfa High school and went on to higher education at Merthyr Technical college, where I took A levels in Art and Photography. I became interested in photography and went on to take my foundation in Art and design at West Glamorgan institute. I decided not to pursue it any further as a career, but in my spare time I was drawn to photographing the people and places around me, and, in particular the people who lived on the fringe of society. I think I have a unique perspective on capturing images that provoke people to think about the way we live as individuals and the places, images, and landscapes that inspire us. The group of portraits I would like you to look at were taken during the early 1990s, and belong to a family of gypsies living on derelict waste ground on the edge of town. I befriended these people over a period of time and I believe this group of photo's show the juxtaposition between what we see as modern society and what it actually is for individuals who do not fit in to our perception of modern living.
I print and edit my own work since I went over to the Digital format and no longer use film, I have always retained an interest in the Arts, I mostly find my inspiration comes from working around my home town of Merthyr Tydfil I have no preference for Black and White or Colour I use both.

Regards Jamie Mahoney

Back
Top Bottom