Newbie to the forum, couple of questions :-)

Without jumping too much on the thread topic, does the quality of strop make a difference? £30 on Amazon or £70 from a good website. Or is leather just leather?

Cheers!
Buying Stuff from Amazon is Dodgy..The Quality of a Strop Does make a Difference..Not Only that..Some of the Crap on Amazon isn't Fit for Purpose..This Wee Double Side Strop here is a Corker..I have One..I Used this Strop for a While Until I Got a Neil Miller Strop..The Neil Miller Strop is a Superior Strop But this Wee Strop isn't Far Away as Far as a Smooth Edge Goes..Trust Me..This Guy that Makes them Knows what he Doing..Don't Let the Price Fool You.:D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/long-horw...126208?hash=item1eb8200980:g:iSoAAOSw-kdX2CR4

Billy

Buying Stuff from Amazon is Dodgy..The Quality of a Strop Does make a Difference..Not Only that..Some of the Crap on Amazon isn't Fit for Purpose..This Wee Double Side Strop here is a Corker..I have One..I Used this Strop for a While Until I Got a Neil Miller Strop..The Neil Miller Strop is a Superior Strop But this Wee Strop isn't Far Away as Far as a Smooth Edge Goes..Trust Me..This Guy that Makes them Knows what he Doing..Don't Let the Price Fool You.:D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/long-horw...126208?hash=item1eb8200980:g:iSoAAOSw-kdX2CR4

Billy

Looks good! And liking the price if they come recommended, cheers Billy.

Looks good! And liking the price if they come recommended, cheers Billy.
You Wont Regret that..These Wee Strops Come with a Black Stropping Paste..Use it..It Increases the Draw & it Doesn't Take Much..Just Apply it to the Fingers or Heel of the Hand & Rub it in Sparingly..Let it Dry & You are Good to Go..Once Every Couple of Weeks or So Maintains it with the Paste..Don't Over Do it..:D

Billy

If You Want the Razor Shave Tested then Send it to Me as Long as You Pay for the Postage..:)

Billy

Firstly Billy, Thank you so much for helping a newbie out. Secondly...OH MY GOD!!! What you did to rehone that blade is a night and day difference. From struggling to shave, and the chin being a clumsy area to doinging a 2 pass shave to my first BBS with an SR. It is a totally different razor and I found it so easy to shave with this. The chin area was not a struggle at all. I sound like an excited kid here but having struggled until now to shaving the whole face so cleanly is epic. It was very kind of you to do what you did. If you dont mind I will be sending my razors to you on a regular basis for honing :) and for any other beginner that may be struggling thinking they have a shave ready razor get in touch with Billy....my technique is not as bad as I thought :) Thank you, it was an absolute pleasure dealing with you.

For me it was clean and smooth (for the SR, I am used to DE for many years so it would be different with that for me). All previous attempts after two passes stubble would still be there, I never went beyond 2 passes on the SR as it would irritate my skin. I am sure it may not be a BBS for seasoned users of the SR but for me it was close enough. Either way the shave after getting the razor back so totally different. Much smoother to use

Firstly Billy, Thank you so much for helping a newbie out. Secondly...OH MY GOD!!! What you did to rehone that blade is a night and day difference. From struggling to shave, and the chin being a clumsy area to doinging a 2 pass shave to my first BBS with an SR. It is a totally different razor and I found it so easy to shave with this. The chin area was not a struggle at all. I sound like an excited kid here but having struggled until now to shaving the whole face so cleanly is epic. It was very kind of you to do what you did. If you dont mind I will be sending my razors to you on a regular basis for honing :) and for any other beginner that may be struggling thinking they have a shave ready razor get in touch with Billy....my technique is not as bad as I thought :) Thank you, it was an absolute pleasure dealing with you.
That's Great News...Its Hard enough Learning to Use an SR & One that's Not Sharp Enough Sure Doesn't Help..That Wee 5/8th Took a Killer Edge..I Honed it on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression...1 K, 3 K. 5 K 8 K, 12 K...These Naniwa Synthetic Stones are Very Consistent & Offer a Very Smooth Edge..:)

Once You Feel a Properly Honed & Sharpened SR You will Always Know what One Should Feel Like..So Glad You are Pleased with it & that You are Well on You're Way in You're SR Journey..Its a Pleasure to Hear that..:D

Billy

+1 @Fergiebilly is a pleasure and has honed a couple of razors for me and has done a top job. Much recommended :D

Back
Top Bottom