Newbie Superspeed blade advice

I'm expecting my 67 Superspeed to arrive anyday now - and am looking forward to my first DE shave with it. I've been practicing my brush and lather technique for the last few weeks and am ready to make the next step. But what blade to choose?

I have the below selection waiting courtesy of Connaught, what would people recommend as the best blade to use for my first few shaves?

Blades001-1.jpg

Yep, I reckon the Personna is one of the easiest blades to get on with so I would start with that, use them for a week or so and judge all the others by it.

I have a fairly tough beard (I think - I've not got much to compare it to!) so it looks like it could be the Red Persona's then.

Thanks guys ;)

I won the Superspeed on the 14th, and am not known for my patience! I hope it's here soon :x

From your selection there, Personna or Crystals, both are very forgiving but to the detriment of a good shave. I have a large stick of both as weekday shave blades. The other are good bet every time I try a new razor or a new soap I fall back to a Personna or Crystal.

Glad it arrived, looks nice. the flare tip is nice to hold and it seems to fit easily in my hand.

If it feels rather uneventful it's supposed to. That is a mild set up so don't worry about the quality of the shave at the moment.

You are after NO irritation not BBS so follow the guides and concentrate on technique and minimal pressure.

antdad said:
If it feels rather uneventful it's supposed to. That is a mild set up so don't worry about the quality of the shave at the moment.

You are after NO irritation not BBS so follow the guides and concentrate on technique and minimal pressure.

I think that is the secret .. worked for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom