New to real shaving razors

One of the great things about DE shaving is you can be incredibly precise. Completely unlike the Fusion. If you can cope with the mole using your fusion I think you'll find DE easier. Lack of pressure should also help.
Remember to allow for a learning curve and don't be disheartened if you don't get a really close shave early on.
Good luck.

alex98uk said:
Exciting times. FrenchBlade has sorted out a nice beginner package for me including a Gilette Tech, some blades and soaps. I just need a brush now. Looking forward to getting it soon :D

Anyone got any tips of shaving around a mole? I have one on my cheek that sticks out a small bit. It's usually OK with my Fusion unless i'm in a rush and blast over it, that sometimes nicks it and makes it bleed (a lot (moles never, ever stop bleeding I swear :p))

I have a similar problem but mine is a small two tumours (genetic condition non cancerous) and it was my first concern about going DE. Much the same mine was fine with a cartridge and if on the rare occasion I cut it, it BLEED !!! BUT I would say using a DE slows you down somewhat so make sure you allow extra time to shave. As of yet, perhaps I shouldn't say it, but I haven't cut them. I would just say take your time as a newbie to a newbie.

I hope he's not stiffed you for GBP50 for Tech :lol: (If he has, I'll do you one for GBP49 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Tip for shaving around moles? Don't and lash on some styptic to staunch the massive blood loss :shock: - eventually you'll "plane" it down so that it doesn't matter :D

Oh, I'm not a doctor, but I did used to have a skin flap/tag that bled similarly - my determination to shave it off exceeded it's determination to regrow.

hunnymonster said:
I hope he's not stiffed you for GBP50 for Tech :lol: (If he has, I'll do you one for GBP49 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ok, make that 48.99 then :D

No seriously (and to be upfront about it), I'm setting him up with a cheap starter pack, including soap + samples, selection of blades and a very mint tech + a cheap brush, for 20 quid inc postage.

Sound fair, no?

Cool, I think i'll start using the Tech on the weekends so if I cut myself first time around, i'm not left trawling into work looking like i've been mugged :D

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. As I said to FrenchBlade, I use forums a lot, but this has to be the friendliest and most helpful one i've come across. I look forward to participating more in the future and hopefully, not spending too much money :D Now to sort myself a brush!

alex98uk said:
Cool, I think i'll start using the Tech on the weekends so if I cut myself first time around, i'm not left trawling into work looking like i've been mugged :D

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. As I said to FrenchBlade, I use forums a lot, but this has to be the friendliest and most helpful one i've come across. I look forward to participating more in the future and hopefully, not spending too much money :D Now to sort myself a brush!
These 2 are mutually exclusive, it's either or, can't have both! :lol:

Max

alex98uk said:

:lol:

I agree on your friendly forum observation too ;)

Well, it comes down to either the Vulfix 404 for 9.60GBP or the Vulfix Hyde Park 514B for 16.20GBP. Is the latter worth the extra cash?

alex98uk said:
Well, it comes down to either the Vulfix 404 for 9.60GBP or the Vulfix Hyde Park 514B for 16.20GBP. Is the latter worth the extra cash?

I'd go for a few extra quid for a simpson Beaufort B1 or a Case Pure. I like their brushes, and I'm no fan of boar.

Max

Hi Alex,
Hope you find this site as good as I have, great bunch of guys and good advice given,well most is. Second what someone else said ,have a trawl through old posts to gain an incite to this cheap hobby.....well that could be relative ;)

Back
Top Bottom