New Semogue - Just Like the 2009 LE

A Boreal, a couple of Omega's and few others...unfortunately once I had a taste of Simpson 2 band that was it, I became a two band snob.

I don't even like my Rooney's (not finest I might add) so boar is going to struggle but I remain reasonably open minded to try something new.

I read this is basically another version of the L.E using best quality boar hair so I thought why not.

Antdad,

You read right everything's the same apart from aethetic values:

Ht: 114 mm Loft: 57 mm Base: 57 Knot: 24 mm

LE
Special grade bristle
Cherry wood
Excelsior sticker
Individually numbered
Sketched

SOC
Special grade bristle
Ash wood
"Semogue Owners Club" engraving
Bleached

Leon/Bruno posted at DFS that SOC weighs 65g. The LE weighs 58.8g ( bone-dry ) which is strange if SOC is said to be less dense and I'm not doubting him at all.

BTW I went through Rooney thread Peter posted. Which models do you have and I'm curious what's your take on them?

In any case please feel free to post there as I'd some questions. Pardon me for the sidetrack.

As far as Simpsons was it Chubby or Duke by chance? Thanks

I feel the same as Audio, the Duke 3 over the CH2 in two band for every day use but if I want some luxury its the CH2 all the way. It takes a bit more loading as you'd expect but once that's done it's effortless and luxurious in use.

I have Peter's/Jhclares old Heritage Stubby 2 and a 1/3 and 1/2 Super the first two of which are so dense it feels like your lathering with a solid mass covered in velour. I seem to get very little feed back from these brushes when face lathering and the 1/2 doesn't seem to be dense enough.

Can't win em all.

antdad said:
The SoC arrived...I don't have to actually use this whilst its breaking in do I?

Will palm lathering do?

have to? no. but you should, just for like 'the experience', man.

• ... palm lathering should do OK, I suppose.
      • ... if you can't find a nubile buff young lady who's willing to let you break it in by lathering it in her rather accomodating bellybutton.
          • I'm conflicted: while insies allow for a certain ease and depth, outties do act as the ridges/spirals found in some of the best lathering bowls.
              • YMMV, of course.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
antdad said:
The SoC arrived...I don't have to actually use this whilst its breaking in do I?

Will palm lathering do?

have to? no. but you should, just for like 'the experience', man.

• ... palm lathering should do OK, I suppose.
      • ... if you can't find a nubile buff young lady who's willing to let you break it in by lathering it in her rather accomodating bellybutton.
          • I'm conflicted: while insies allow for a certain ease and depth, outties do act as the ridges/spirals found in some of the best lathering bowls.
              • YMMV, of course.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• You "Urban Hermit" my good man..........me old chum....me old mucker are completely off your head !! :lol: :lol:

but you do make me laugh mate.........and long may it continue

Top boy and keep up the good work ;)

Steve

It's ruff and I would hope any discerning lady would insist on badger hair...actually I would insist on using badger.

For the time being its in the kitchen with some MWF until it's developed some manners.

I was torn between this and a 1305, but an SOC came up in the BST for a fair price and it had only been palm lathered, it came today!

First impressions are it's quite a big brush, with stiff bristles. I lathered up tonight with a La Toja stick and it mixed up a nice lather quite quickly, but promptly ran out half way through the second pass - no doubt this was down to user error and inexperience, and was quickly rectified. My previous experience's with brush's have been limited (?) to NF2201 and 2211 so this brush has a lot to live up to.

I'm aware that this brush will take many weeks to reach it's full potential, and I'm looking forward to joining it on this journey.

I think that's the brush I sold to npinn, when it's fully broken in I'd like it back if you would be so kind.

BTW "palm lathered" is a euphemism.

I keep meaning to ask about your Vulcan avatar. Any connection?

A former girl friend's father used to be a navigator on one of those before they were taken out of service.

He kept telling me he'd nuke me if I hurt his daughter. :shock: I believed him.

No connection no, I'm not really even into planes! But I saw one fly at the Bournemouth Air Festival a couple of years ago, and was quite taken with it. When it first flew in 1952 it must have looked like it was from another planet! I guess like all of us I can appreciate great feats of engineering, and I think this is one of the greatest.

I'd never mess with someone who used to fly in one :lol:

Back
Top Bottom