new razor

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=7&idproduct=276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/ ... roduct=276</a><!-- m -->

i want that one lol

i have shower dry leave face wet get my tabac some lather on me face for a few mins so its nice
shave down then re lather and go across
pat face apply alum wash off apply proraso balm

sunburyboy93 said:
jimmyman said:
ive had 1 excellent shave and the other have been ok

and i dont know why
did the same all the way through my routine

what is your routine for Shaving, what products are you using etc etc, may be that your routine/technique might need altering / improving, some of us on here might be able to make some suggestions to try and give you better shaves..... ?

i am only a puppy on here, but i do know that some of the oldies...... :shock: :oops: oops i mean some of the more experienced gentleman of a certain age that have been doing this far longer than i have could help you out....?

Some of us have been known to lend razors and sample blades and creams etc etc to try out.....

Steve

jimmyman said:
these super speeds seem to be worth a go just need to find one

Have a look on ebay, select worldwide in your search options, there are loads available in the USA, just find one that has cheap intl posting

i have found a few down at Car boots, there are also loads of gillette techs to be found at car boots, have a look inside the old gents grooming kits....

Surprised that the Rev didn't say this, but add a Rocket to the list. It's a British made Superspeed, any differences in appearance are too small to be worth mentioning. Both my favourite razors are from this family.

Jimmy,

I agree with Steve's comments in a couple of posts - if you are really not in a hurry, be a little patient and take your time. It can certainly be to your benefit.

I started DE shaving two-three years back, but not on a continuous basis. Now I've been wet shaving for 6-7 months solidly and have very recently noticed that my technique has changed (improved) within this 6-month period. Shaves have improved considerably as I experiment with brushes, cremes/soaps and, of course, razors/blades. This is not something you can predict how it will exactly evolve over the months. Some guys need more time or simply enjoy and just do not feel they have to change something, while others suddenly switch/move on to slants (NatJag here, as I observed recently) or straights (Jeltz, lagaffe, antdad) to mention a few.

I currently shave with the Muhle R89 and love it. Few hours ago I ordered a slant. I am sure that in 6 months from now my opinions or preferences may again have changed. Variety is the spice of life. Equipment is good, but when you realize your technique in everything has really improved then the satisfaction is even greater.

Last but not least, I have not tried a vintage razor or a single-edged one, so no opinion here. I understand though that guys love them; beware though as some go too high up (supply & demand laws, I suppose...)

How's the 38C, by the way? I was contemplating getting it couple of hours ago...

Here's mine:

Superspeed003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom