New Proraso range?

Just a little update on this: I ended up clicking buy on some Red Proraso (Sandalwood & Shea Butter) from Maguires.

It arrived a few days later. I immediately gave it a whirl and have to say that I was less than impressed with the initial scent. It cast my mind immediately to a damp mop that had been sitting out in the warm weather for a few days. I'd even go as far as saying that it even had a hint of vomit to it. Not impressed at all with the scent. The scent lightened up on the brush, as I was hoping it was just a smell around the cap area of the tube, but it was only slightly better.

Tha lather, as you'd expect from Proraso, was immense. Thick, creamy, cushioned and all the things we've come to love from Proraso. The scent was sickly and won't be meeting my brush again any time soon.

Great performer, shame about the scent.

andyjreid said:
If you're looking to offload for free give me a shout, I love it ;)

I've already promised it to Cruciate, sorry!

After all, he did send me a Chrome Merkur Futur for nowt. It'd be rude not to!

:)

Haven't given them a go yet but the packaging is beautiful, they're very well priced, and people seem to be raving about them... so hopefully I'll get a chance to trial them soon!

Helveticum said:
Has anyone compared the old and new green creams yet?

I have the old formula Proraso green and a sample of the new version. As I said on the last page, the performance of the new version is excellent but it doesn't smell as good. To be honest I prefer the old one, but will probably buy the new when I've worked my way through my stock of the old formula.

Big thumbs up here for the red - natural scent, lathers very easily, very smooth and cushioned, leaves skin feeling relaxed.

Have never got on with the green - but only because I don't like a cooling sensation during my shave. Why spend time getting face warm, bristles soft and pores open, and then put cooling eucalyptus on!?

YMMV, of course

Savvy Paul said:
Have never got on with the green - but only because I don't like a cooling sensation during my shave. Why spend time getting face warm, bristles soft and pores open, and then put cooling eucalyptus on!?

YMMV, of course

That's right, that's a wasted time anyway. Join the cold water shaving crew ;)

Helveticum said:
Savvy Paul said:

YMMV, of course

That's right, that's a wasted time anyway. Join the cold water shaving crew ;)

I think I'll pass against the grain on that one, dear chap! ;)

Back
Top Bottom