New Proraso range?

Has anyone tried any of the new Proraso products? I've noticed Maguires are stocking it heavily and it seems to be selling well.

I'd be particularly interested to hear about the red (Sandalwood and Shea Butter) shaving cream, if anyone has given it a whirl.

:)

I have used the Red and find it performs excellently,i'm not a fan of Sandalwood and found the scent off this cream very inoffensive,the shave was smooth and comfortable and my skin felt very good afterwards.

Dave.

I have used the Red also, I wasn't sure to start with as the scent didn't seem like sandlewood to me, i found it to be most unusual but not distasteful. Having said this I still like it, lathers well good body, glides well just like the eucalyptus version. I have now added it into my rotation.

I've got the new Proraso white and I've got to say, its consistently the best my face has felt post shave using it. I've not used the regular Proraso but the white also has a menthol kick, but very subtle. Looking at getting the new pre-post shave cream and will probably get a regular green proraso when the weather picks up a bit as apparently its nice and cooling.

I tried the new cream in red tube( sandalwood) its very good, i love proraso, it is as good as the green menthol, however i prefer the menthol and ecyluptus smell so i would choose the green one, but when it comes to performance the red one is just as good as the old ones, the only difference is the smell

For me smell (almost non-existent when lathering, btw) was not the only difference. I also seem to be mildly allergic to something in it - nothing tragic, no rash or irritation, just a slight burning sensation when using it. Didn't have it with AoS SW.

Sezer74 said:
I tried the new cream in red tube( sandalwood) its very good, i love proraso, it is as good as the green menthol, however i prefer the menthol and ecyluptus smell so i would choose the green one, but when it comes to performance the red one is just as good as the old ones, the only difference is the smell

Ditto

I think I'll give it a whirl over the next few weeks as I've been wanting to try the white (sensitive) cream for some time.

It would appear that the quality is still there, which can only be a good thing.

Got some menthol and eucalyptus the other day. I love it. Smells nice, lathers easily.
If I had one criticism, and its more an observation really, it can clog up your razor if you don't use enough water. It took more water than I was expecting.

I haven't tried the new formula classic Proraso but I shaved with the red/sandalwood one today. It lathers well, smells very nice (classic sandalwood/barbershop) and the shave........... well........... to me it actually seems to be a little better that the green Proraso cream I've used in the past but as I said I haven't tried the new formula. I was a bit set back by how runny it appeared from the tube but was fine once lathering started.

Where I notice is most is after a pass and when I rinse my face, my face still feels "slick" and protected. The only other Soap/Cream I've experienced this with was Cella.

I'm very impressed and happy to see it appears that no major changes have been made to the products. Now all I need is a red/Sandalwood soft soap in a red tub.

I've just tried the new green Proraso. The performance is still great, no complaints there. However it doesn't smell as good as the old stuff, the menthol is less noticeable and it smells dusty somehow. In use, there's a hint of the old Proraso about the scent but it's just not quite there.

I've just ordered two 500ml tubes of the old stuff to bolster my stock. I'll probably switch to the new when I've worked my way through it and can no longer do a direct comparison.

andyjreid said:
... I was a bit set back by how runny it appeared from the tube but was fine once lathering started.

Indeed I've just had my shave with the new new green formula cream and mine too was runny - wasn't at all was I was expecting, however once lathered up all was exactly as expected :)

I've also been using the new white formula soap for a while now and I really like it, defo recommend that

Back
Top Bottom