New muhle r41

rntdcarvalho said:
moodymick said:
As for the weight thing, this one is coming in the same as the R89 (115g)

I'm sorry but the R89 is even lighter than the EJ DE89 (74g), as the handle is completely hollow! It weighs, at max, 70g. My Chatsworth weighs 114g and is quite bigger and heavier!

http://www.traditionalshaving.com/products/Muhle-R89.html

The site lists both razors with the same shipping weight (115g), which is the point I was making. :|

I never weighed my R89, so I do not know what it came in at, but it did not seem overly heavy. Maybe the advertised weight should be taken with a pinch of salt. :|

JohnnyO should buy one, forget he bought it, buy another, find he had already been given one for (Grand)Fathers Day then swamp BST with 2 of them. I'll buy one, let you know how I didn't like it, then BST it for another loss as some pikey offers 20p for it :shock: ;)

Shipping weight is not the weight of the razor, but the weight of its package and razor inside of it. Razor itself is around 60gr, it's a kind of head heavy design, the metal handle is hollow (but really beautiful), the resin ones are a little heavier as they are not hollow.

This new head really looks interesting...

You bugger, i nearly did the same now you mentioned it :D

You know what, i'll order the thing soon as it's up. Im a bit better off than i thought anyway.

Just me being tighter than a ducks arse :p

moodymick said:
dodgy said:
Tony was nice enough to send me his Red Ring to sample a while back..............
Martin

I nearly spat my brew all over the screen - priceless!!!
:)

You just made a payment of
€39.50 EUR
Paid to
Hans Jürgen Müller KG

Right then that's ordered. :shave

Well i got the order in pretty quickly, so im hoping to be in the front of the pack, preferably ahead of any vendors.

And the review will be up asap.

huxley said:
Well i got the order in pretty quickly, so im hoping to be in the front of the pack, preferably ahead of any vendors.

And the review will be up asap.

Excellent (said in my best Mongomery Burns voice),

I'm gonna go with Tony's guesstimate on that being a heavier than usual razor with a good deal of bite to it.

Should be an interesting piece to waltz around your face and neck, especially if you load a blade in the thing....

Monty

moodymick said:
Bearing in mind all the previous speculation of the origins of the EJ89 / R89 head, I wonder how long it will be before this appears on an EJ handle?
Quoting information provided directly by Mühle on their Facebook page, "The close comb design from 2009 is a cooperation between Edwin Jagger and MÜHLE. Razors of this design are available for customers at both companies. - The new design is exclusively developed and distributed by us."

Well i did have a de89 so should have a rough idea how it compares in weight and balance.

But i'll weigh it anyway, just for clarification.

dodgy said:
Excellent (said in my best Mongomery Burns voice),

I'm gonna go with Tony's guesstimate on that being a heavier than usual razor with a good deal of bite to it.

Should be an interesting piece to waltz around your face and neck, especially if you load a blade in the thing....

Monty

The handle looks similar to the current R41 which is hollow and really light.It would be handy to be able to buy the heads only.Wouldn't mind a go on this beauty.

They do, only problem is they cost near as much as the razor.

Just had a look at my order status, and it says closed. Says nothing about courier or tracking, but this is their cheap option, no way im paying 40 euros for express :shock:

Anyway im happy it's on it's way, i doubt it'll get here for the weekend, but im staying in on the chance it might. :hungrig

Just tried it. It is as aggressive a razor as I have can remember having used in 50+ years of DE shaving. I'm no real fan of OCs although I have a fair number of them and can get comfortable BBS results with all. On first encounter, this one seems to be the grand exception.

Rest assured i'll get a good shave off the thing, i have nothing but aggressive razors in my collection i love em.

Weight total is 63g

Head 25.5g
Handle 37.5g

Feels a bit handle heavy, feels quite nice actually.

Can't shave today as i have zero stubble, so tomorrow it is.

Back
Top Bottom