New muhle r41

Anyone seen this, not an open comb more open guard bar.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/straight___safety_razors/1/safety_razor/147/147/R_41">http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/stra ... 7/147/R_41</a><!-- m -->

Got me tempted.

Link not working for me but had a look and see the one you mean, looks good and I do like the Muhle stuff. They have expanded the range quite a bit and some of them are really nice. Just need to wait till it is released and see what reception it gets.

Link fixed - i hope.

It's meant to be very aggressive, im sorely tempted to have it. Someone on the forums mentioned that muhle will be selling it on thursday onwards.

moodymick said:
That is a seriously nice razor! I just need someone else to buy one - not like it and then pick it up on BST :twisted:

The words "Take one for the Team" spring to my ever fertile mind MoodyM.

JohnnyO. \ :lol:

Cheers, was looking at the right one. 32 Euros isn't bad same price as the closed comb variety, by the time you add delivery just swap the Euro for Pound sign.

Is the new range supposed to be any different form the older R41 (apart from the barley grain)?

I don't know about other razors, but this r41 is brand new, not even released.

The current one is open comb, but this one is different. Zoom in and you will see the difference.

Id post up close pics but im having a job finding them.

Ok this link should help, the one on the left is the new design.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.traditionalshaving.com/products/Muhle-R41.html">http://www.traditionalshaving.com/produ ... e-R41.html</a><!-- m -->

That did help, thanks for that.

I have the older R41 with a solid metal handle which is quite aggressive and the current production one which is less aggressive but much easier to live with every day. This one looks to be different again, I see what you are getting at on your OP. It does look a sort of in between, quite interesting.

Must watch for the reviews.

huxley said:
Link fixed - i hope.

It's meant to be very aggressive, im sorely tempted to have it. Someone on the forums mentioned that muhle will be selling it on thursday onwards.

Hi there,

So you're one of those people who likes a lotta bite to their razor. Man, I envy you for that. There's a bunch of nice looking razors that just aren't comfortable on my face.

I wish there were some pics of the head profile, but it's probably not all that important for making my point of this being a very heavy razor. Yeah, four ounces is pretty darn hefty, and I'd guess almost all the weight's in the handle. This is probably gonna balance out in a way that might take a little technique tweaking.

In my experience, a handle heavy aggressive razor combo takes getting used to. I'd be curious how it works for you if purchased.

Martin

Oh yeah, that's an interesting head design. Sorta reminds me of something, but I can't remember what. Sheesh. It may float to the surface later.

Well not so much like, more out of necessity as my stubble is rather thick. So i mainly use my slant, gem ocmm or my gillette bostonian. I can get a shave from a lesser razor but it's not as quick or close.

Razor wise, are you thinking of the eclipse red ring razor?

kamm.jpg

kamm2.jpg

moodymick said:
As for the weight thing, this one is coming in the same as the R89 (115g)

I'm sorry but the R89 is even lighter than the EJ DE89 (74g), as the handle is completely hollow! It weighs, at max, 70g. My Chatsworth weighs 114g and is quite bigger and heavier!

huxley said:
Well not so much like, more out of necessity as my stubble is rather thick. So i mainly use my slant, gem ocmm or my gillette bostonian. I can get a shave from a lesser razor but it's not as quick or close.

Razor wise, are you thinking of the eclipse red ring razor?
]

Hi there,

Yep....the Eclipse is what I was thinking of. Tony was nice enough to send me his Red Ring to sample a while back and it looks to have a similar head as that Muhle.

Thanks for jogging my memory,

Martin

It's a bit like an Eclipse in style but that open profile is so short and undercut I can't help but feel this one is going to be a monster especially combined with that weight. Profile wise it's nearer the old Muhle 89R/Joris/Fatip open comb which also liked to dangle the blade edge over a precipice except there isn't much curvature of the blade on this one. Unless it's the camera angle that blade looks really flat, not for me but look forward to the reviews.

"Due to the principle of its construction, which features a special blade angle, the new model allows a vigorous, very direct shaving technique"

Who knew angles could be so special, how does it feel compared to your Bostonian Hux?

No idea it's not even out until tomorrow ;)

Will i buy it, im unsure as i've got car insurance, and car tax this month. I'll chew on it today and see if i change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom