New Forest Brushes

I've had to delay the launch of my first New Forest brush. Shortly into my Edinburgh trip I noticed that the logo was coming off my brush. There had been no sign of a problem earlier - surely not something they put in the water here? Anyway, whatever the reason, I'm not selling anything I'm not happy with. I have contacted the manufacturer, he put it down to the failure of a new ink they had used and he's offered to put it right, so the brushes are going back. You can imagine I was not best pleased about this. But I would have preferred this to happen rather than to have a lot of people complaining about this problem after I had sold a few brushes. It's a pity because the brush itself is excellent.

I think you are quite right Fido, disappointing as it may be I know you would be as annoyed at putting you name to them if they were not as good as you wanted them to be. Let us know when it's sorted and you are ready to roll, will you have both styles? or are you going with the bulb as the launch model?

You had a good week for your trip weather wise, I hope you enjoyed it. Am curious, did you notice any difference in the softer water when lathering? I don;t know so much about the east but our tap water is very soft and easy to lather most soaps. You get the same result just a little quicker and with less soap.

Back hone in time for the football starting, you have a hard life...

Last day here in Edinburgh. It's been a great week. This is a beautiful city. Although the principal sights have been delightful the highlight was a visit to the house my father in law grew up in in Bannockburn Street, Greenock. Ruth had a chat with some elderly locals happy to remember the auld days and tell her about life after the war years. She lost her dad last year so it was a bit special.

Shaves have gone well. I really don't detect a lot of difference in the lather from the water which is certainly softer than on the South coast. I've been using Cade and Coates with the usual good results.

As for my brushes - I'm going to wait until I am completely satisfied that the logo issue has been resolved, then go with the one bulb shape brush so that I can assess feedback before ordering any more. Then I'll decide what types and sizes to add.

It's been great to see the forum go from strength to strength in recent weeks. Boab, HM et al. must be very pleased and deserve our thanks.

:( Nice too here you had a nice time in the high lands though. Looking forward, bad, to order this one. Would love the fan aswell, since I got so few of them and none with a soft tip. I hope it works out fast and to your satisfaction. *waiting mode*

Good luck with your new company.

Moodymick: Will you be cheering for Portugal in South Africa?
file.php

antdad said:
....as well as Brazil, Italy, Argentina etc.

94781536.jpg
59596392.jpg
16342196.jpg
26380396.jpg

I could easly go for Italy or Argentina, hell, through in Brazil aswell - I can take it :hungrig Bruno: Portugal has to wait until a bit later :)

I too would be interested in one of these. you have mentioned on your blog that the superior badger brush your working with seems to work well with soaps. Being a little sturdier but with soft tips. Sounds spot on for me

I shave mostly with soap, and as much as i love my Edwin Jagger Super Badger. Its just a little floppy and soft for hard soaps. Works up an amazing lather with cream though.

Hey Fido...

How's it going with these? I have been away from TSR on and off for the past couple of weeks (work!!).

I'm sat here thinking about these brushes and slavering more than my dog does when watching people eat! :lol: Though to be fair, that could be also be down to German water ;)

Back
Top Bottom