New face, new razor, new blood

To answer Pig Cat's question, I am a musician, although it's a case of passion, not profession :)

Also, I have read quite a bit of advice regarding this kind of shaving before even having a go, and I think I have been quite light with my strokes- but I find that the razors I am using tend to pull and drag on my beard- and I'm not sure if I am meant to push harder, or just get a different blade! Most of my injuries having been going over those pesky bumps- -although last night I went sideways under the nose >_< it was just a tiny movement, but you can be sure I'll be watching that very carefully in future!

Hi Coda and welcome to the forum!

One of the best pieces of advice I picked off this forum was:- use the razor to remove the lather and the beard will follow. Since then my shaves have been so much better! :D

Hello and welcome,

One of the best tips I have received on here is: Try to imagine you are shaving off the lather and not the stubble(Thanks MoodyMick) and no pressure on the razor, it really works for me

Les

Thanks guys, I will bear that in mind tomorrow. I have watched a couple of the Mantic videos, and already found some really useful tips in there. I thought I knew the grain of my stubble, but after paying REALLY close attention, it would seem there is a slight outward angle on the hairs on my chin- and since following these lines for the past 2 days my face is a lot calmer today :)

I think the tips about removing the lather are going to help though, I mean, it's quite a heavy razor so I shouldn't need much pressure ;)

Hello Coda.

Slow and steady wins the race.............. also throw in a bit of patience and "technique" i.e. learning your growth pattern and learn about your razors blade angles etc.

Back
Top Bottom