New Blackland Razor

Just an added bell and maybe a whistle or two, that's really all anyone can do, the DE was perfected more than a century ago. The biggest improvement in the last couple of decades has been in the blades.

Just an added bell and maybe a whistle or two, that's really all anyone can do, the DE was perfected more than a century ago. The biggest improvement in the last couple of decades has been in the blades.

Repeating Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

No-one has made a DE that takes injector blades, if its not that Radical then its just a tweak to a very old but successful design.
Update
Unless its an adjustable injector DE

Sounds dire.

At one end the possibility of DE's using injector blades and at the other people making SE's by snapping DE blades in to half (and less)

But I will admit the Rocnel 37.6732% of a DE did take me by surprise.

I am currently working on a new design for an SE which uses sections of sawn off straights. Comes c/w junior hacksaw and a packet of coloured pencils

But the blade shaves you, and these "new" razors are still built around the same blade dimensions, and you can't go far from the standard blade dimensions because they are pretty much perfect for the task.

In my opinion DE blades are a fundamentally flawed design. Too thin, prone to chatter, they dull quickly and cannot be stropped. We've grown to accept these shortcomings but there were far superior alternatives which lost the the popular vote, Injectors, Valet's, GEM's etc.

So yeah... It's all turd polishing basically. I agree there's only so much you do with a "blade holder" but disagree they're perfect for the task which makes these new razors based around the "just about good enough blade" seem even sillier actually now I think about it o_O:ROFLMAO:

Rohleder is correct. That is how capitalism works in that someone creates something that people desire to purchase. As in any financial endeavor some are better at it than others, e.g., Wolfman, by utilizing scarcity to embellish value and create desire. However, in his defense he's a one man operation if I recall.

The Wolfman razor is actually designed rather well, the blade is fully supported top and bottom all the way out. Many modern razors have the blade fulcrum well back from the edge of the cap, which is insufficient support for the thin flexible modern DE blade.

Yes, but the original Wolfman merely copied the English Personna BBS-O;

I don't think anyone can beat the blade support. The Gillette OLD, post-war Tech, and short comb New, are well supported, most modern makers don't pinch the blade, they rely on the potential energy stored in the curved blade, but the modern DE is a weak spring.

Xl8hBS1.jpg

BHDUNrV.jpg

hSEbNgS.gif

hSEbNgS.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom