Need cute picture of a straight

Thanks so far gentlemen, I've got three so far that work well on the labels. Two by email, and Boab's on the thread. The way Boab has done his is very easy for me to move onto word doc and resize. Also it definitely needs that snow white background. Huxley, yours are all beautiful, but when I transposed even the one on white background onto doc, it looks very yellow compared to the rest of the label, which is not looking good. Jeltz, your pic is too faded looking when on label, need pic with deep definite colour and outline.

They are all beautiful objects....if anyone had told me a year ago I'ld be drooling over straight razors, I wouldn't have believed them for a second.

The one on the white background does have a yellow tinge, anyway here's one that should work out better.

p1070063.jpg

p1070063tyutyyt.jpg

Thanks Huxley, they both work great. Could you do a pic like that of the red one? I usually do my labels in simple black and white, but am interested to see what that red would look like. Whenever you get time.

Gosh, amazing how things can look so different in photos, the first one looked bright red, I thought it was a resin handle or some such.
Thanks for all your help, any and all other straights on white background welcome. I'm thinking now I could just put pictures of different straights on the labels at random, or use a different straight for different scents. I want them all!!! :hungrig

It's one of the reasons why i got into straight shaving, they are far more beautiful than any de razor i have seen or used, what about a razor for a letterhead that would look rather nice, i have myself a very mint genco "easy aces" coming from the usa that will be another stunner i just have to wait for her to arrive.

Anyway it'll look like this but much whiter.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/3477676977_bb713d8135.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3578/347 ... 3d8135.jpg</a><!-- m -->

As for a resin handle crikey no, cocobolo is a very expensive wood usually used on the top straights, now abalone that is something else and something i plan on having me in the long future as they cost a small fortune.

Say hello to an £800 razor, a damascus abalone mastro livi. :cool:

Livi_Rasoi_Artigianali_r155.jpg

That is beautiful indeed! I went to New Zealand a few years ago, and of course Abalone is all over the place there. Have you tried NZ if you're after Abalone? P & P on a razor shouldn't be prohibitive.
It was very strange....I arrived after about 23 hours travelling, most of it in the air, with swollen ankles which had never happened before, but then I'ld never been on such a long trip before.....and feeling full of sympathy for battery hens, as I felt I had lived their life for a day.........and it seemed like I had landed back in England; but in the '50s.
I kept thinking what a lovely place it would be to bring up a family. Clean, clean, clean.

P.S. Maybe a pic of Joe Mcclaine's's bic would be nice....indeed, I have weaned HWOMOM away from the can of foam, but....he still prefers the swipe with abandon effect of the twin blade.

huxley said:
Say hello to an £800 razor, a damascus abalone mastro livi. :cool:

Livi_Rasoi_Artigianali_r155.jpg
Man, that is ghastly. I've yet to see a Livi which I like, and that one has all the subtlety of a piano accordion. One can't argue with his craftsmanship, but his choice of materials tends to make his razors look cheap and gaudy. Here's another one: mother of pearl, red coral and damascus for crying out loud.

Attachments

• livi1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 10
I can see why you might say the Abalone is gaudy.....but I love pretty sparkly things, you should see my bead collection. In fact if anyone would like me to attempt to encrust the handle of their straight with semiprecious stones and the help of a little polyfilla I'm happy to give it a go. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom